This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Asking Me That Same Question!

Hey once again! Everybody's favorite bank teller here with yet another story from the teller line.

This one is called: stop asking me that same dumb question.

This specific question is: "Have the new state quarters/dollar coins come in yet?"

Ok, our bank hasn't gotten any of the new state quarters, nor have we gotten any of the new presidential dollar coins in yet. I believe the new series of each coin came out in August, however, due to shipping issues, none of our bank branches have the quarter or the dollars. Heck, even the competitor's banks don't even have the new quarters in yet.

But every day we get customers (sometimes the same customer every day) who ask whether or not the new quarters have come in yet. And every day the answer is, "No." The truth is that we don't know when our supplier is supposed to be bringing the coins, and we explain this to the customers. We also suggest trying places like Wal-Mart or the local grocery stores, since strangely enough, they have gotten the new coins in.

Some of these customers have even gotten angry about it and think it's crazy how a bank doesn't have the new state quarters the day they come out. We're usually the last people to get the quarters, at least our bank is anyway. Really, we're not the best place to find new quarters at.

The crazy thing is, this isn't a localized issue. I was talking with a teller at my dad's bank (a competitor's bank) and even he said he's gotten sick of the people asking for the quarters. He's also said that even their branch hasn't gotten the quarters in, and this bank is almost 150 miles away from my bank! So the problem isn't localized at all!

I mean, really, it's our supplier's fault that the new coins haven't come in yet. We did order the coins and they should have arrived weeks ago. But honestly, our money shipment only comes once a week (and we tell customers this, just not the day the shipment comes for security reason) yet they still ask every single day!

Don't mind me, I'm just sick of the state quarter program these days. Honestly, I stopped collecting after the Delaware quarter came out.
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Maybe a prominent sign in the branch stating that would work.

Or you could just put up signs at each teller window. At least they might stop asking that.
    Total surrender
    Your touch is so tender
    Your skin is like water on a burning beach
    And it brings me relief
    "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

A sign? SCs don't read no steenking signs.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

these particular customers aren't really being sucky themselves though, they just have an annoying question, and if there is a sign up giving them their answer some will see it and leave and the problem will be lessened

Comment

Quoth GolfCart34 View Post
          The crazy thing is, this isn't a localized issue. I was talking with a teller at my dad's bank (a competitor's bank) and even he said he's gotten sick of the people asking for the quarters. He's also said that even their branch hasn't gotten the quarters in, and this bank is almost 150 miles away from my bank! So the problem isn't localized at all!
          It's not even localized to banks. Some of our bill changers are set to take quarters or dollars, so we can pay out a token for a quarter. But if those changers end up in a place where the games take quarters, we don't bother to disable the quarter acceptance. Usually we'll pick up a few quarters in them, but every so often the coin box will be crammed— I even had to disable the quarter accepter at one place, since it happened again and again.

The biggest problem with going through a changer like that looking for the latest state quarter is that in order for it to be in the changer, some customer has to spend one in the games first. Then the games need to be collected. Only then is it in the changer— if it's not on its way back to the bank.

Comment

I think the only annoying question I ever asked my bank concerning money was wether or not they had any $2.
            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
            X