This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tigress View Post
    Innocently, I asked her what the date was on the milk. She got snappy with me and told me in a condescending tone that milk was good up to ten days after the date.
    10 days? I knew it was supposed to be a few days after, but 10? That sounds really high. Especially as I've had stuff turn the day of, day before, day after...

Like the time I was making cream of mushroom soup, poured the milk straight into the pot, and promptly decided to have a peanut butter sandwich. Expiery date? Three days from then.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I can smell milk going bad before it turns, and it makes me feel ill. I can't drink it without disguising the smell even before the expiration date.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

How long milk will keep is definitely affected by the temperature of your refrigerator. If your milk isn't making it to the date, trying adjusting the temp down a few degrees to see if that helps.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
          How long milk will keep is definitely affected by the temperature of your refrigerator. If your milk isn't making it to the date, trying adjusting the temp down a few degrees to see if that helps.
          More important, is the temperature of the fridge at the store that sold it.

The expiration date is how long it can be guaranteed to be fresh so long as it is kept below a certain temperature. Once it goes above the temperature for any length of time, all bets are off.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

That's outrageous. No wonder customers act like their shit don't stink.

I really think that all companies should start taking a leaf out of Sprint's book. Then you'd see the return of polite customers.
            Total surrender
            Your touch is so tender
            Your skin is like water on a burning beach
            And it brings me relief
            "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Wow, 2.35 for a gallon of milk? Here in Missouri, it is 4.08. Now that is something to cry about.....

Comment

We ended up with milk from both Kroger and Braum's one day. Both gallons had the same "sell by" date on them. On that date, the Kroger milk was starting to taste bad. The milk from Braum's lasted for 2 weeks past the sell by date. The price was about the same, and it tasted a lot better too.

Comment

yea milk should keep for 10 days longer or more. i'm the dairy guy so i should know.

but if you let it sit, cold for 3 or 4 extra months you will get a nice solid white at the bottom and clear as water on top.
                  DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
                    but if you let it sit, cold for 3 or 4 extra months you will get a nice solid white at the bottom and clear as water on top.
                    Don't try that with gravy though, because it gets red mold. Bread's fine though, if you don't mind it a little dry. Though if you're making toast or grilled cheese, that's not much of an issue.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      10 days? I knew it was supposed to be a few days after, but 10? That sounds really high. Especially as I've had stuff turn the day of, day before, day after...

Like the time I was making cream of mushroom soup, poured the milk straight into the pot, and promptly decided to have a peanut butter sandwich. Expiery date? Three days from then.
                      Well, she was a major cheapskate and a general wackjob. She didn't want to have to buy more milk after it went bad. She also wouldn't let us flush the toilet after using it unless we went number 2. The playground had poorly maintained equipment. And her knowledge of First Aid was "put a Band-Aid on it."

And the parents wondered why their kids were getting sick so much. I'm just glad that it was just general stomach conditions and bumps/bruises. I'd really hate to know what would have happened if something more serious had happened.
                      A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Fun fact: In the US, dairy prices are kept artificially high by government mandate, part of which is for the government to buy unsold dairy products at a minimum price, which is up to twice the actual world value (butter, specifically) for the product itself, which is wasteful and harmful to the economy of anyone who is not a dairy farmer.

^-.-^
                        Don't you mean, harmful to the economy of anyone who IS a dairy farmer?

Here in the Dairy State, dairy farmers are going broke because they get paid a pittance for their milk, which then gets sold for upwards of $3/gallon.
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                        X