Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a little food for thought....are there any stalkers out there who are NOT mentally ill? I mean, think about it.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      are there any stalkers out there who are NOT mentally ill?

The King isn't mentally ill. He just wants to break into your home and serve you a whopper.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
        The King isn't mentally ill. He just wants to break into your home and serve you a whopper.
        Yeah, in bed.

He doesn't even wake you up either. He just slips into your bed and watches you sleep till you wake up.....<shiver>

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
          In PA, you can't charge anyone with stalking, even if they are stalking you, unless you were married to the person stalking you or dated them.
          But if you tell him to leave you alone and he doesn't you can charge him with harrassment - just ask my ex... of course, the threats he sent me were just vague enough that they couldn't charge him with "terroristic threats" but it was close enough that the nice camp hill policeman wanted to do so.
          Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

maybe the op should call that line and see what should be done for next time.

unfortunatly for me i have been dealing with a person who is most likely mentally ill that has been harrassing our group. my friend and i run a local pagan meet up group that helps people net work with in our county. we encountered this particular person who is to be nice about it, a pagan extremist in to exoplitics. its not his throughts that made us come to the conclusion that he is mentally ill, but other things that he has done. we have had to get a restraining order against him. because he kept threatening to kill us (my friends and i) as well as yahoo, google, and anyone else who uses html (he truely thinks that windows is the chirstian gods way to get back at the pagans for some reason and therefore only uses the pagan friendly unix)

he most currently is going around to all the other groups, who have also asked him not to return because of his threats torward them, and spreading rumors that we have started some sort of war against him. which is in no way true.

we did try to help this guy become more sociable, and we took 2 years (that i was apart of the group before we asked him not to return) the other groups in the area wouldnt stand for his oddness, and asked him to go with in a few weeks of meeting him. uppon which they contact us and want to know what is up with him cause after all we know him the best i guess.

i know that if this guy comes in to my work, i will have him excorted out considering that he has made death threats on me. im sure that my co workers will be more than happy to help me out on this since they realize that i am not one to just freak out about things like that.
            "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth Foxglove8778 View Post
              But if you tell him to leave you alone and he doesn't you can charge him with harrassment - just ask my ex... of course, the threats he sent me were just vague enough that they couldn't charge him with "terroristic threats" but it was close enough that the nice camp hill policeman wanted to do so.
              No, the neighbor in my old neighborhood who was stalking me made threats too, but the threats where too vague for the police to do anything. Hell, it took three police reports on him before the police even went over to talk to him!
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Thankfully, I've never been seriously stalked. Just harassed by an asshat of an ex-boyfriend in a small town where all the cops were part time. Yippy.

I'm surprised no one's brought up one of the most useless pieces of paper known to man--the restraining order.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Remember, kids: A restraining order is just another way of saying "I love you."

Usually, by the time the victim seeks a restraining order, the stalker is already too crazy to obey it. The restraining order only does good when you seek it out the second a stalker ignores your demand to be left alone.
                  A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
                    Remember, kids: A restraining order is just another way of saying "I love you."
                    Alternatively: A restraining order means life without parole at the murder trial.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Something Nekojin discovered while doing research for something completely unrelated to this issue is that in the state of California, there is Chapter 27 of the Labor Law.

Chapter 27 is the part of the Labor Code that deals specifically with harrassment in the workplace. It focuses on sexual harrassment primarily, but also covers other forms of harrassment.

I was unable to find an online copy of the text of Chapter 27 that I could access (if I was a member of the C of C, there was one site that has it if you register). However, from other sources, we were able to ascertain that if there is a non-employee harrassing those employed at a location, once management was made aware, they were required to do what was necessary to remove the harrasser from contact with the employees or face sanction, even though the harrasser was unaffiliated with the manager or company in any way.

I get the impression that basically, since employees don't have the freedom to just walk away from such people, the state decided that it was the responsibility of management to act on the behalf of the employees to remove such problems for them.

It would be interesting to see if other states had similar laws on their books.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
                        (he truely thinks that windows is the chirstian gods way to get back at the pagans for some reason and therefore only uses the pagan friendly unix)
                        Not to take away from the seriousness of this fellow's threats, but he is the only person I've ever heard of that equates Windows with the Christian God. Usually I get, "All computers are of Satan! <<or Evil, I get Evil alot also>> Blaaaaah!"
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          Not to take away from the seriousness of this fellow's threats, but he is the only person I've ever heard of that equates Windows with the Christian God. Usually I get, "All computers are of Satan! <<or Evil, I get Evil alot also>> Blaaaaah!"
                          Well, lemme see.... Windows can be really evil.... So it make since.

But seriously, at least Lucifer knows how to have fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X