X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nutjob R/T View Post
    Okay, gotta ask more questions, now.

How do they send the bare chassis to you? Do they send over a big semi loaded with these bareback trucks, or do they actually have them on hand and drive them over themselves?

If they do drive them, is there some sort of temporary bumper and lighting they bolt on? Because I'd hate to see the liabilities if someone rear-ended a chassis in traffic and skewered themselves...
    If it's anything like the way manufacturers make ute chassis for the Australian market, then the rear bumper and lightbars are actually part of the chassis and so the bare chassis is perfectly roadworthy.
    I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Quoth Nekojin View Post
      Then you'll have to call a locksmith to open one of the doors (preferrably the driver's side front compartment) so you can find out the key code.
      Or you could be proactive and have a spare key made and hidden underneath the vehicle for such an occasion.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
        Or you could be proactive and have a spare key made and hidden underneath the vehicle for such an occasion.
        If they had that much foresight, they wouldn't be calling me for an emergency key replacement, they'd be calling me for replacement key blanks.

Comment

Working...
        X