This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you do this? :long and ranty:

Why do people come into the community center where I work with large amounts of cash? This is a public facility with a large amount of people entering and leaving all day. Out lockers are a cheap fake wood with an even cheaper lock on them, it's not that hard to pull them open. Yet we get people coming to the front desk and complaining that the $300 that was in there locker is gone.

We used to have this kid (about 18) as a regular, really nice guy but he wasn't always brightest bulb come up to the desk almost in tears because his money was missing. How much money you ask? $1800. . . that's right he brought $1800 into a facility that has enough of a theft issue that the cops now make rounds in it. Apparently he was planning on buying a car after working out. Best part? He put it in the wrong locker (told you he wasn't too bright). All the front desk employees told him he was lucky and not to be such a dumbass next time.

One time a young girl, i'd say about 10, came up to the desk with an envelope, she said she found it in the locker room and it had money in it. I thanked her and looked inside to find $400. Lady called about it 30 minutes later.

I've stood and watched a guy play basketball near closing time while his moneyclip loaded with $20s is sitting on top of his clothes on the gym floor, I coulda walked off with it at any time, neither he nor his friend ever looked away from their game.

I have to admit I had to learn this the hard way too. I don't bring my wallet into work anymore since someone stole $70 from it when it was in the breakroom. (yeah it was dumb but I had just gotten paid and had more faith in humanity back then)

Sorry about the length, but i just needed to vent, and it's 5:40 in the morning and i'm bored
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

at the gym I go to, there are two types of lockers. The lockers in the change rooms, and valuables lockers that are right in front of reception. Plus, the lockers are made out of either metal or heavy wood. I keep my handbag in the valuables lockers (with a lock, obviously), and there have been no thefts from those lockers.
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

We've been bugging the management for years to replace our lockers with ones that you bring your own lock in for, no dice so far. Our place is a community center (fitness room, pool, basketball court) so we have a much higher rate of high school kids than a normal gym. I don't mean to stereotype but every thief we ever caught was under 18.

Another problem we have is people leaving their Ipods or cell-phones sitting on the tables in our social hall while they go to the bathroom or go to shoot some baskets then they get all uppity with us when they go missing.

:short story: We had a kid get his phone stolen, so we called the cops and his mom. When his mom gets there she pulls him to the side and lays into him. How could you leave your phone lying around, because you were careless your wasting my time, these employees time and the time of the police officers. God I coulda kissed her for that.

:Edit: Just remembered one time it wasn't a kid stealing, it was the night-shift full timer. She stole a $200 necklace that was in our lost and found (not the most expensive thing in that lost and found either)
      Last edited by Ghengis51; 10-08-2007, 10:14 AM.
      Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Working...
      X