Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teh stooopid is coming, hide your brain cells!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teh stooopid is coming, hide your brain cells!

Me: *opening call schpeel*
    SC: *mumble mumble mumble*
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: *mumble mumble* 123-456-7890
    Me: Thank you Ma'am. And what is your name?
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: Xer---Xer---um,...Xer---Zerxeses. Smith.
    Me: All right, is this your credit card?
    SC: *mumble* Yes.
    Me: Could you spell your name for me please?
    SC: X - E - R - E - S. S - M - I - T - H.
    Me: ok thank you, and what is your address?
    SC: *mumble mumble* 123 Anc---Anc---. Um...Anc---clo--. An---clo---tie. Anclotie St.
    Me: Could you spell that please?
    SC: A - N - C - L - O - T - E.
    Me: Thank you. And could I have the city state and zip code please?
    SC: 12345.
    Me: ...
    SC: ...
    Me: I need the city and state please.
    SC: 12345.
    Me: No, Ma'am, I need the city and state for that address.
    SC: Oh! Stupidville.
    Me: ...
    SC: ...
    Me: And what state is that in?
    SC: Stupidville!
    Me: No, Ma'am, what state is that in?! *gnashing my teeth*
    SC:...*mumble mumble mumble* Florida.
    Me: Thank you. It looks like I just need to complete a security verification on the account. What I need to do is call the bank and have a bank representative verify some information with you, all right?
    Me: Ok hold one moment please.

She hung up as soon as I put her on hold.

Gee I wonder if that was fraud?
    Last edited by ThePhoneGoddess; 10-08-2007, 02:54 PM.
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Gee I wonder if that was fraud?
    or a stupid prank.

Comment

No I don't think it was a prank. People have to go thru multiple levels of CSR's before they even reach the fraud department. Because of that, most prank calls are weeded out long before they get to us. We do deal with people this stupid sometimes. Men who claim their name is 'Norma' or 'Marilyn", people who cannot pronounce their own name, people who don't know their own birthdate, etc. What amazes me is that these people really think we'll let them place orders when they are obviously not the person in question!
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

What was up with all that mumbling?!?

If it would've been me, I would've remembered my days in the Air Force R.O.T.C. back in high school, and I would've gone into "Drill Sgt." mode!

SC: mumble mumble mumble
        ME: I'm sorry, I couldn't quite make that out.
        SC: MUMBLE MUMBLE MUMBLE
        ME: I'm sorry, still couldn't make that out, one more time, please?
        SC: MUMBLY MUMBLE MUMBLE
        ME: I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
        SC: MUMBLE MUMBLE MUMBLE 123-456-7890
        ME: WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMBNUTS? IF YOU DON'T START SPEAKING UP, I WILL GOUGE OUT YOUR EYES AND SKULL F YOU!!!

Of course, about that time, I'd no doubt be handed my pink slip by the supervisor.
        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
        --StanFlouride

Comment

LMAO, Jack.

They were mumbling because they couldn't pronounce the name on the card properly and were trying to hide that fact. And because she was trying to disguise her voice as well, since 'Xeres' is, I'm guessing, a man's name.

the last name was pretty exotic as well, (obviously I changed it here) so I'm thinking it was a foreign name. The name may have actually been Xerxes (which is a real name), and she was just misspelling it.

Can you tell I've dealt with too many idiots trying to use someone else's card?

Comment

Reminds me of one I heard years ago...

"I'm not stupid or anything, just tell me what sate Idaho is in!"

Comment

Working...
            X