This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just waiting for the you-know-what to hit the fan

At my store (Ikea) we have a really big problem with customers stealing bags, especially the large ones.
    They'll grab a fist-full of them and just shove them in with their purchases, blatantly ask for 30-40 of them (for garbage bags to use at home), or use them to wrap their breakables, even though we have paper at the end of every lane for such things, as well as a wrapping table with giant rolls of paper, tape and scissors.
    We've tried hiding them, we've tried only giving out bags when customers ask (at my store customers bag their own items) and we've tried promoting the sales of our blue bags - $1, HUGE reusable tough plastic bags that are identical to those customers use for shopping, with the only difference between them being the colour (shopping bags are yellow, the ones you can purchase are blue).
    Nothing has worked so starting October 22nd customers will have to pay for every bag. 5cents for bags and you only get one size: the large ones.
    We have signs up telling customers this, as well as notifying them of when it will go into effect.
    Do you think anyone is going to notice? Of COURSE not!

How many arguments do you think there are going to be from customers who didn't see the signs, don't think it's fair, and who will generally fight us over this, since they're one of those customers who will just use any excuse to bitch about something?
    And Jeebus help me and anyone else who ends up in a plastic lane (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...t=credit+debit) and has to explain to customers who have finished their purchase and now want bags that they won't be able to accept any form of cash for them.

huh my ikea has been doing the 5 cents bag thing for months...

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      huh my ikea has been doing the 5 cents bag thing for months...
      I honestly don't know why my store is so slow with these things, but over all I think it all comes down to our mostly incompetent store manager.

Comment

well by monthes i mean i went in july and it was 5 cents

Comment

Working...
        X