This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive-Thru Spillage (Long)

Hey guys, I'm new at this. Well, I work at a fast food restaurant and mainly work at the drive-thru. It's pretty sweet and interesting most of the time. But, as many as you know, we occasionally get the crazies. Well, on this particular day I was operating the drink machine. It's getting pretty busy, lunch time rush and all. Now, as a kind person, I try to give the customers as much as possible for their hard-earned money. For instance, I try to put more fries in the little fry boxes. I just know I'd appreciate it if someone did that for me. But I had never encountered a person like this before.

Okay, this bogan (Australian redneck) pulls up with his little red car. Something like a large (burger) meal. I give him the meal, then the drink. Now, as I said, I give people more then they pay for. So I fill the drink cup up to the maximum amount, sometimes it leaks out occasionally. When this happens I try to spill some out, which I did. But the few course drops still squeezed out, no biggie. Just meant the customer had to sip the top of the cup. I know I should try to stop spilling, but I just usually fill the cup up to the top without thinking. The following is the conversation that took place on that day.

ME = Me, of course
    SC = Sucky Customer, of course
    JE = Manager

Me: Here you go sir, have a good day.
    SC: There's f-cking spillies, mate.
    Me: There's what?
    SC: Spillies, mate! F-cking spillies!
    Riiight, spillies. I'm sorry, but isn't spillage a little more accurate and easier to convey?
    Me: Oh, I'm sorry.
    I hand it back and pour out some Coke. Now he's just looking at me like an idiot. Now the spillage is a lot less more, but theres still some drops forming.
    SC: Aw, f-ck you, mate.
    I'm Australian, I say mate when reffering to friends. Don't call me a friend, I don't like you. Also, I'm treating you with respect. I'd like some in return.
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: There's still spillies, mate.
    Me: Would you like me to pour more out?
    SC: Aw, f-ck off.
    Now it gets a little weird...er. The dude drives like 1 metre beyond where I can talk to him face to face.
    SC: *Yelling some explicit words, not looking at me.*
    Okay, so now he's moved further to yell at a wall, which is okay, but now he's blocked up all the many people trying to get their meals. Because he's moved far enough not to talk to me face to face, but not far enough to let others go up to the window.
    JE: What's that?
    Me: Some tool swearing his face off.
    Goes outside the store to talk to the dude. My manager is kick-ass and she's arguing with this dude to treat people with more respect. The dude just speeds off. Almost runs over my managers feet.
    JE: Anyone ever does anything like that to you again, talk to me.

She's just awesome. And that's my story, got more. PLENTY more.

Suckage confirmed. Analysis: Asshat.

The SC protests too much, me thinks. What's he expect, hospital grade cleanliness? That guy was just a moron, plain and simple.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Yeah, obviously sucky customer, but I've gotta give props to that manager. It's not too often you'll get a fast food manager that will go to bat for you like that. Usually, they're too busy sucking up to the SC's
      If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

Working...
      X