Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What nasty light through yonder window breaks?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What nasty light through yonder window breaks?

... it is the suckiness! And the customer is the sun.

If you feel the rays of the sun, you will feel warm... if you feel that particular ray of the customer, which sometimes is clearly detectable before customer and/or worker exchanged a word, you know things will not run smoothly.

Was at work today, trying to see if I could help, as a simple trainee, to reach some of the weekly targets of our store. Guy comes in, asks for a memory card for his phone. No big deal, since I work there for 4 days only, I don't know every price immediately, so I took it, scanned it, told the guy how much it was. Fine, I got the wrong memory card at first, I wasn't totally awake yet, but I was still wearing my trainee badge, so no one can blame me

I was on my own, the boss was in the back room, so I was standing on my own. After I showed the price, the following conversation took place:

Me: the 1GB card will be (don't know exactly, seen too many prices of those things today) €24.99.
    SC: oh alright, well I don't have the money yet, I should go and get cash from the ATM (wtf, use your PIN card here, like everyone else does). Could you leave it here on the counter for me?
    Me: ehm, yeah sure... *wants to turn around to hang the wrong memory card back in its place on the wall behind me, stops at a certain moment, thinking: oh no, no one is screwing me that easily... grabs the 1GB card from the counter, puts it under the counter so that SC can't reach it* *smiles broadly* I'll keep it here for you, see you soon then, heh.
    SC: *looking at me putting the card under the counter like someone just spoilt a huge surprise for him* Oh, ok, yeah, see you soon.

Obviously, I did not see him back. And the most interesting about this is that I was alerted by his behavior, because of a topic I read here yesterday ( http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=17885 ). I think I would never have noticed the guy if I didn't read and remember that topic since I haven't totally lost faith in humanity... yet. It adds a nice educational factor to this entertaining and therapeutic piece of cyberspace.

Another thing that bothers me, even after 4 days, is the amount of people that come into the store, look at phones, have a whole conversation with you and then they're suddenly like: no, we'll wait and come back later when we made up our mind. In the meantime I nearly moved half the store around for them... it's just a general pain in the rear, happens to everyone I guess, but I never knew it would piss me off so soon lol.

Methinks LoneWolf had his SC radar tuned early, for he hath already felt the disturbance in the force, and was able to act on it in time to avoid getting ripped off. Good job catching that would-be scammer!
    Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Quoth ShockQueen View Post
      Methinks LoneWolf had his SC radar tuned early, for he hath already felt the disturbance in the force, and was able to act on it in time to avoid getting ripped off. Good job catching that would-be scammer!
      alas, better words could not have spoke more true. YAY for good old willy shakes! oh and GJ Wolfy
      Well that was a bit like sand-blasting a soup cracker.

Comment

Had a similar feeling about a customer when I worked at the grocery store. A couple, obvious welfare people, where checking out at my register, and had a $40 bag of shrimp that they decided they didn't want. Well, I put it behind me, then noticed the husband/boyfriend/guy of the day, goes and moves behind me also, like he was going to bag the groceries himself while I finished ringing up the rest of their stuff. I also happened to see one of the service desk girls coming by my register so I grab the bag, toss it to her and ask her to return it to the freezer. Still to this day, I don't doubt that what the guy was thinking is that he would hope I don't notice and he would slip the shrimp into one of the bags of groceries.

Comment

Working...
        X