Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has got me wondering what would happen if Canada made it mandatory to vote- we have one of the most notoriously apathetic electorates in the supposedly democratic world... (almost as bad as Japan!) I expect it would be amusing. I find it odd that so many people in Canada 'can't make it' to vote, when I managed to get myself to the Canadian embassy in Bangkok and cast my ballot in the last election just fine. (although I did have to go online to check which non-entity was running for which party)
    Arsenic is 'natural'. Hemlock is 'organic'.

Comment

Quoth Jpurple View Post
      I find it odd that so many people in Canada 'can't make it' to vote,
      To be fair, when you have to stand in line for over an hour to vote, and you can't make it during the work day, it does make one less inclined to participate. Lucky I get free shuttle service from my college to get to the polling station
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Frankly, I'm just as glad it isn't compulsory to vote in the US. Too many people already vote who can't name the congressmen who represent them, and some can't even name the president/VP!! I'm almost to the point where I'd go for a qualification test before you vote, to prove you know what the hell you're voting for.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
        X