This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
    I do to, but I at least try to scoot away from the till enough that the next customer can pay. I took the OP to mean that the wallet-organizers stand in the way.
    The more extreme cases also take the time to pick through old recipts and rearrange their cards in their wallet, taking a minute or more. I'm sure no one minds the few seconds it takes to face bills, but these people take forever to do it, and stand right in the way so that the next customer can't do anything.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth mymaskofsanity View Post
      2. Wallet organizers - These self centered tards think I want to stand at the till for two minutes after the transaction is completed for them to look through thier wallets, organize reciepts, change the position of all of thier cards. Piss off and go away.
      I never really had that problem with people--at least, not where I live but when I lived in Los Angeles, I would see customers obsessively position everything correctly in their wallet and that would take about 2-3 minutes.
      3. Wad holders - Not to be confused with the Wallet Organizers. These dicks, feel the need to carry even dollar to thier name in a wad in thier pocket. Normally all in the same denomination, 20$'s
      Then when looking for a "suitable" bill to pay you with flip through the entire stack only to retrieve a 20 from the middle exactly the same as the one on the outside.
      They only hope to impress you with thier amazing wealth and prowess for looking like a drug dealer.
      Have you ever had customers who came up and their put all their large bills in a clip? I've had several customers do that to me and they'd take their large wad of cash, dump it on the counter, flip through the money slowly and hand me a couple of bucks. The amount of ego was overwhelming and I would show that I wasn't impressed with my body language.
      4. Accountants - These genuises are specific to Beer stores I believe but can be found surely in other Retail hell holes .....opps I mean businesses.
      EG. Hi , I brought back 35 empty bottles, for 3.50$, 10 Cans for 1.00$ I have 2.00$ in cash and I want to put 2.45$ on my debit card for a six pack.
      They only seek to confuse you.
      Definitely. Most of the time, from my personal experiences, they want you to give them money. Gotta love con artists.
      5. The StoryTellers - These people generally will open with a line that begs an inquiry that will only end in your painful demise as you stand waiting for a opening to ironically exit a horrible conversation.
      I have a solution for this problem: pretend you're deaf. Point to your ear, make a grunting noise and shrug.

Comment

Quoth The Prophet View Post
        Have you ever had customers who came up and their put all their large bills in a clip? I've had several customers do that to me and they'd take their large wad of cash, dump it on the counter, flip through the money slowly and hand me a couple of bucks. The amount of ego was overwhelming and I would show that I wasn't impressed with my body language.
        I (as a customer) like to get all concerned, and ask them, "Aren't you afraid of getting mugged? I'd be scared to flash that much money around a bunch of random strangers. What if somebody had a gun and no concience?"

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
          Ugh, don't get me started. It never fails, I will have a long line and almost no change in my drawer and get one of these asshats. They will get a $6 beer and flip leisurely through their money wad, passing several ones and fives, and then finally whip out a twenty from the middle.
          I feel your pain. I really do. I always wanted to go ballistic at them for being like that.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            I believe that the "wad" meant is the people who carry 4 or 5 hundred dollars in mainly 20s, with some smaller and larger bills mixed in. I've seen it, and it's tacky. 200 or so is okay, as someone could easily spend that in a day, and like you, could prefer cash. But if you're planning on spending 4 or 5 hundred, get some larger bills.
            Good point.

I do to, but I at least try to scoot away from the till enough that the next customer can pay. I took the OP to mean that the wallet-organizers stand in the way.
            Oh, I move out of the way, too.

I guess I was a bit crabby when I posted earlier. My apologies.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              's okay. No harm, no foul. Need a hug?

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                Need a hug?
                Yes, please.

I like hugs.
                Unseen but seeing
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yes, please.

I like hugs.

All better now?

Comment

Much better. Thank you.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                      about their trip to France and ooh and aah over how cultured and rich they must be.
                      I tend to give off Frasier vibes so you'd probably hate me

Comment

Quoth mymaskofsanity View Post
                        2. Wallet organizers - These self centered tards think I want to stand at the till for two minutes after the transaction is completed for them to look through thier wallets, organize reciepts, change the position of all of thier cards. Piss off and go away.

3. Wad holders - Not to be confused with the Wallet Organizers. These dicks, feel the need to carry even dollar to thier name in a wad in thier pocket. Normally all in the same denomination, 20$'s
                        Then when looking for a "suitable" bill to pay you with flip through the entire stack only to retrieve a 20 from the middle exactly the same as the one on the outside.
                        They only hope to impress you with thier amazing wealth and prowess for looking like a drug dealer.
                        I'm both of these. When the stores provide a place for you to set your shit for half a minute or so to sort things out I'll move there. Until they do I'm doing it right there. What really sucks is that people who do time-motion type studies in retail settings have known that this is a problem for at least thirty years. The problem is that the owners would rather put up another POS display than leave the space "unused".

As to the wad there are several reasons to do it

1) Marketers don't know what you are buying.

2) I just might go into a thrift store where they just got a really large selection of good books and many of them don't take anything but cash. I have droped several hundred dollars in one go.

3) With some independent businesses you can pay cash and they will "forget" to add sales tax.

4) Some people make some of their money off the books.
                        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Oh, I move out of the way, too.

I actually figured you moved out of the way too. I thought you might have just misinterpreted the OP. But no harm done. ^_^ Here's a from me too.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Here's a from me too.
                            Yay. Another hugs. I'm just a hug whore lately.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X