This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Bless The Stoners.

While I generally hate everyone who sets foot in my store, and silently wish to set many of them on fire, there's one breed in particular that always seem to make me amused. The Stoners.

Everyone knows the Stoners. Whether it's one, or a half-dozen, they descend like a swarm of Zerglings upon the store for cheap munchies and soda. Usually they're just wasted enough to be hilarious to watch, like the two I had the other night. Allow me to set the scene of my amusement.

Stoner One was about my age (mid-twenties), wearing oil-stained khakis, equally stained, formerly white t-shirt, and sneakers that were probably considered fashionable back in the nineties. He's also sporting the saddest looking goatee I've ever seen. I was seriously tempted to offer to put it out of its misery for him.

Stoner Two... I'm pretty sure stepped right from the Las Angeles beach, circa 1980s. This guy just screamed beach bum, from the cut-off shorts to the tie-dye shirt. I kept wondering if he'd parked his surfboard around the side of the building.

So, they come in, loud, proud, and laughing at everything. After grabbing a half-dozen sodas and putting them on the counter, they gravitate towards the 25 cent snacks.

Stoner Two *holding up a pack of nutty buddies with the dumbest grin this side of Bush*: "Dude! Like, how much're these?! Cheap, right?"
    Me *having flashbacks to early TMNT cartoons*: "I'd say they're... twenty-five cents, like it says on the package."
    Stoner Two turns the package around and looks at the front like he's just seen the Holy Doobie of Ultimate Wastage. "Dude! That's like, so fucking awesome! They do that now?"
    Cue me trying to keep from laughing.
    Stoner Two: "Dude, I got like twenty bucks, man. Is that like, gonna be enough?"
    Stoner One: "Man, I toldja to bring th' fif'y!"
    Stoner Two: "Man, shut up! Yo, clerk dude! Twenty gonna be enough, man?"
    Me *trying now just to keep from laughing too loudly*: "You have about five bucks worth of stuff guys, I think you got enough."
    Both: "Righteous!"

Turns out, Stoner Two DID bring the fifty, and they bought about thirty dollars worth of goodies. I last saw them running down the street, laughing like hyenas while Stoner Two chased Stoner One, threatening his well-being with a package of ho-ho's.

OMG I wish I was there!
    Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

*laughs* Stoners are the most amusing group of people I have dealt with in my two years at the arena. Always good for laughs. I also dated a stoner for a few months and that was always entertainment.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

The whole twenty minutes they were there, I kept half-expecting someone to jump out from behind the coffee urns yelling, "Smile! You're on Candid Camera!"

Comment

I was working drive-thru at my custard stand one night this past summer when we had a pair of stoners drive up. Sticking my head out the window to take their order I was immediately over come with the smell of their smoke. And of course, they're sitting there, giggling, attempting to order between their giggles.

Then when they pay and I go to get their custard, I kept the window open. Half because it was a nice night out, and half because I wanted to hear them if they did anything stupid/funny. The moment I come into sight carrying their cones they start yelling, "ICE CREEEEEEAAAAAAM! Ahhh-hahahahaha! ICE CREAAAAM!"

Ahhh stoners...You make everything funny!

Comment

Confessions of a 420 friendly customer

Hey boys and girls do you know WHY it was great fun being a stoner back in the early to mid 80's?? Nancy Reagan thats why! To see her skinny little homemaker squeeky clean self on tv saying "stop the madness" was roll on the floor kind of stuff, ESPECIALLY if you were watching it high. The 2nd reason? Ted Nugent on tv saying "get high on yourself" . I like Ted ,mind you . It was just funny.
            That being said my sr. year of high school my weekends were spent in my own little personal fog of paranoia and happiness.
            Thus this little scene was playing out numerous times

me:
            any friend of mine with me
            cashier at the movie theater

me: um..yeah...one for ummmm....the wall. (or rocky horror) **looking around to see if my parents , parents friends, my pastor ,my nieghbors, my high school principal, my boss, my adult co workers, the kids I babysat, the person that didnt like me that may rat me out, my ex that may rat me out etc...were there wathcing me...at midnight on a saturday night at a mall along with hundreds of other people**
            cashier : ok that'll be $5
            me: did you say....$5???? FIVE DOLLARS????? ** saying that in a very loud voice cause it felt like cotton was in my ears***
            casher: yes. $5
            friend: She SAID $5 !! GIVE HER $5!!!
            me: um..ok...let me count.... ok here one,two, three (me thinking oh shit what comes after three??) one ,two, three...OH HERE!!! (shoving money at her) *not moving my head my rolling my eyes around to make sure there werent spies wathing me*
            cashier : ok ,heres your change!! *as this scene is played out before her a million times before. a stoned teenager ....men in fishnets and make up ...its all old hat by now to her**

Comment

I should also add that I'd rather deal with a stoner than a drunk. Drunks are more or less tapped into their baser instincts while a stoner is laughing about a brand of cereal.

Comment

As I was a stoner for a large portion of my life, I've gotta say I identify with them whenever they come in. I've even gone so far as to comment on the quality of the smell that lingered on them, whether to compliment or to recommend But personally, I was always a bit paranoid of going out in public when I was blazed out of my mind, though I've had times where the need for munchables was too great. People used to love me when I was in high school, because whenever I'd come over to smoke, I'd bring cookies and soda. Just seemed like a good idea to get them beforehand, and not have to leave the house, lol.
                If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

ArenaBoy I should also add that I'd rather deal with a stoner than a drunk. Drunks are more or less tapped into their baser instincts while a stoner is laughing about a brand of cereal.
                  Isn't it funny that smoking is illegal when you'd much rather meet a stoned person than a drunk? What a crazy ol' world it is.

Comment

We don't get them often but when they come in it is always funny. Espically the group that ran from the cops and didn't think they could get arrested because they were shopping. Yeah, riiiiight.

Comment

Ah, I remember those special times when I'd go down the all night supermarket and giggle at the tinfoil.

It was SHINY.

I have a job though, now and can't get that blasted on ANYTHING any more. A little mellow on various things, yes. Blasted? Not unless it's my birthday.
                      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I'm allergic to pot, but my stoner friends are my favorite friends. And I'm their favorite friend, mostly because I make the best brownies and always bring homemade cookies.

Ever seen a group of stoned guys try to stack firewood? I should film that shit and put it on youtube. I laughed so hard I fell down and peed myself.
                        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Re: movies while stoned.

The Wall while high? Great fun.

The Wall while on acid? More fun.

Cool World on acid? Freakin' mind blowing!

NOT, of course, that I would have any personal experience with any of this. It was all, um, told to me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Have you ever seen the show Planet Earth? It's probably the sweetest thing I have ever watched stoned. Earth is amazing enough without other substances in your system, but add a pinch of herb in the mix and be astounded!

Comment

I forgot to mention that I worked a reggae festival once, went on for two days. The smell was EVERYWHERE. The lot, the bathrooms, the concessions, and just about every car. Oh good lord it was like half of Jamaica was in a tiny outdoor venue. Music wasn't that bad though.

Quoth LizaMarie View Post
                              Isn't it funny that smoking is illegal when you'd much rather meet a stoned person than a drunk? What a crazy ol' world it is.
                              Don't get me started. I have a notebook full of reasons as to why potheads are a lot easier to deal with than drunks. Not to say that drunks aren't entertaining aside from the whole vomiting thing.
                              Last edited by ArenaBoy; 10-22-2007, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X