Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, the stoners around here are a dying breed, as crack and smack are making their ways up from Holyoke. While I don't believe the BS about weed being a "gate way" drug, more and more of the stoners are ending up junkies. It's really starting to get scary around here with the literally tons of drugs that are coming through now.

Comment

It's a gateway only that the dealers are pushing other stuff. Gods, I'm so glad to be out of Springfield. The meth seems to be the most current "first among equals"

Hasn't made its way over the mountains.... much.

And back on topic: Much prefer stoners to drunks. Only guys who would dare the deep fried twinkies.

Natural plant that makes you relaxed? Illegal.

Man-made lung clogger with tons of additives? Market to kids.
      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth wowitshotintexas View Post
        Hey boys and girls do you know WHY it was great fun being a stoner back in the early to mid 80's?? Nancy Reagan thats why! To see her skinny little homemaker squeeky clean self on tv saying "stop the madness" was roll on the floor kind of stuff, ESPECIALLY if you were watching it high. The 2nd reason? Ted Nugent on tv saying "get high on yourself" . I like Ted ,mind you . It was just funny.
        That being said my sr. year of high school my weekends were spent in my own little personal fog of paranoia and happiness.
        Thus this little scene was playing out numerous times

me:
        any friend of mine with me
        cashier at the movie theater

me: um..yeah...one for ummmm....the wall. (or rocky horror) **looking around to see if my parents , parents friends, my pastor ,my nieghbors, my high school principal, my boss, my adult co workers, the kids I babysat, the person that didnt like me that may rat me out, my ex that may rat me out etc...were there wathcing me...at midnight on a saturday night at a mall along with hundreds of other people**
        cashier : ok that'll be $5
        me: did you say....$5???? FIVE DOLLARS????? ** saying that in a very loud voice cause it felt like cotton was in my ears***
        casher: yes. $5
        friend: She SAID $5 !! GIVE HER $5!!!
        me: um..ok...let me count.... ok here one,two, three (me thinking oh shit what comes after three??) one ,two, three...OH HERE!!! (shoving money at her) *not moving my head my rolling my eyes around to make sure there werent spies wathing me*
        cashier : ok ,heres your change!! *as this scene is played out before her a million times before. a stoned teenager ....men in fishnets and make up ...its all old hat by now to her**
        omg, i wish i coulda worked in a theatre back then just to see all that stuff
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

gotta weigh in on the liking stoners to drunks, absolutely.

Semi on-topic. Was returning with my wife from a show and stopped at a c-store.
          While grabbing a juice I notice a couple of guys involved in a pretty intense decision making process over chips. Thought "Grilled" to myself and went about my business.

Sad old fart thing was, I had this epiphany.

I know they were doing everything they could to maintain.

I remember I knew that I was perfectly cool when I was in their shoes twenty years ago.

But current me had absolutely no problem picking up on their stonedness while walking past them in three seconds.

So now I know I wasn't maintaining at all. What a dork.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            Cool World on acid? Freakin' mind blowing!
            I used to watch The Mind's Eye and Beyond the Mind's Eye. Kept me riveted for a good while. After that I'd do the light stick thing. One time I thought I was getting a secret message spelled out for me on the end of the stick. Turned out to be the patent number.
            I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
              It was SHINY.
              Note to self: start giggling any time I walk by tinfoil. Shiny is good, but creeping out your friends is so much better for getting 'high'.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
              X