This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooh don'tchu just wanna...

Snap their lil neck like a twig when they do that?

Me: guhduh...
    SC: old fart.

SC: Hey MISS! (nice start there, bucko) When ya gonna get more bread on special!

Me: Probably tomorrow sir, when the breadman brings in more.

SC: Well go in th'back and git sum! (wow, see that plastic glob of pink in your ear? turn it up.)

Me: (totally truthful) I just barely came BACK from the back sir and I know there isn't any.

SC: (short pause) Well, is there anybody ELSE that I can ask for it? (translated to you dunno nuthin' you n00b!)

Me: (oh no you DI-IN'T!) Sir, I AM THE BAKER. I can garantee you there is NO MORE BREAD ON SPECIAL in the back!

Non mais goldayum. What's with the condescending "second Opinion" deal?
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

It the Sucky customer rule #483
    If I don't get my stupid request I will ask someone else until I get it!
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Myeah, good luck with that, oldbuns.
      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Funny you should mention hearing aids. I have a co-worker with terrible hearing so she has hearing aids.

She also has a habit of taking them out of her ears and letting them dangle out her ears, like big pink, earwax-encrusted, earring boogers.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I love how "the back" is this magical dimension that has anything you could ever want. "Hey, you got that new game in?" "Sir, this is a gas station!" "But, ah...maybe you have a copy in the back." *Que dramatic music* I'm guilty of it, too, but typically only when I KNOW additional stuff's in the back.
          You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Yeah, but I let them bring it up. I don't.

"Did you find everything okay?"
            "I mostly did, but couldn't find that great skirt in my size, though. Think you might get more in?"
            "We got a new shipment in that hasnt' been unloaded. Let me check in the back."

yay! They have an "In the Back!"

Comment

Well, is there anybody ELSE that I can ask for it?
              Well, you can ASK...

When I was in the store, and especially when a customer was nice, I was more than happy to offer to check in the back for them. We did have a lot of stock that wasn't on the floor, and especially if it was recently received, there's always a chance it's still on the cart waiting to be shelved.

And sometimes, if they weren't so nice, I'd offer to "check," go in the back, knowing full well it wasn't there, hang a minute or two, maybe bitch a little, take a cursory look at the cart, then go back out and say "I'm sorry, it wasn't there...would you like me to order it for you? Or perhaps foist you off on check another store for you?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X