This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Geriatric (Near) Smackdown in Good Will

Now, as colorful as my thought process is, I am by nature a very protective person and heavy on the patience side.

It was half off Saturday at Goodwill, and I was in line with my Mom and our friend near my Mom's age.

An older couple stands in line behind us, a man who is talking loudly and walking/standing entirely too close to my ass, and woman who is sometimes on a cellphone, constantly commenting with everyone around her (or on her phone) and especially with her husband about how good she looks, how much weight she lost, hubby chimes in how sexy he is (HURP) and how thin he looks, they talk about how young they look, and etc. shallowness.

Not so bad, I laugh in my head about it, get annoyed by the man touching my shoulder when he walks by, or reaching with his armpit in my face. Even with the woman loudly yelling beside my ear and hitting me in the butt with their buggy, I can handle it. I worked in food for 5 1/2 years and am on my 7th month in retail.

Mom gets annoyed, but friend and I keep her busy.

40 minutes pass... and this unholypet is damned angry but calm and polite.

We make it close to the hanger bin, and my Mom and friend are getting their's ready to toss in. The husband has now been bashing my ass so often it's got an angry line across it, and the woman and husband are constantly shoving me to reach things they could wait a couple minutes to get to.

I turn around to them, and in my calmest, nicest voice I say," Excuse me, but could you please not push your buggy so far? It keeps hitting me and I think we're both having to dodge it to get to these side racks," and I turn around.

Husband starts yelling about how I was being a disrespectful child and he has never hit anyone with a buggy before in his life, and wife yells about how I'm just an ugly person.

I mumbled for them to suck it.

Well, 10 minutes pass.

We have no moved from the mountain of items someone far ahead is buying.

The old couple is continuing to insult me and bash with the cart, shoving me roughly (or as roughly as people their age can) in the shoulder, and yelling to everyone else about me being a bitch.

I turned again and said," I'm not trying to start anything with you, I just wanted you to stop hitting me. Could you now stop yelling right in my ear? I don't care if your sister didn't deserve her inheritance from her mother, and sir, I don't care if you're a size 30," and turned around. They kept on.

This whole time the woman in a wheelchair behind them is maintaining a respectful distance.

They start yelling at me some more. My Mom decides that a good half hour of them is enough, but before she can say anything to them, a young woman umm... I don't know if it's Amish or Meninite (sp?)... but she said excuse me, so she could get into the hanger bin. I say,"OH! I am so sorry..." and scoot well out of her way and a little too close to my Mom and our friend.

The old man snatches from this young woman her hangers, yells," BACK OFF! That little heathen might beat you down for standing too close to her!!"

-_-

So, Mom has had it. She explains in an agitated tone that I was being very polite to them, and asked - not demanded as they were shouting - that they stop, and she stood right there watching them physically abuse me and would they quit agging it on so we can all shut up and let it go. The woman tells my Mom that she should mind her own damn business and that I am nothing but a little bitch trying to ruin every one else's day, etc. The husband chimes in encouragement to her in one word forme, and keeps it going.

I stand there watching my Mom's eyes, and our friend is paying for her own items right now, having walked the entire length up. I get my Mom to walk ahead, and she tells the woman to just drop it, we're all about to leave. The woman declares that my Mom can make her drop it if she dares.

My Mom declares that if she thinks she can take my Mom, she can try. The husband chimes in with,"I know she can take your ass." They continue to yells things like," calling the police, sue your asses, think you can take me down, you bitch, acting like a foo'," etc. The couple raged that the cripple bitch (!!!) behind them kept hitting their cart and making them go forward into ramming me. (So wait.. I thought you neevr hit anyone with a buggy ever??)

My Mom turned back around and glared at them as she went to set her things down on the counter. The old woman raised her hand in the air and walk-ran to my Mom - MY Mom - 's head. I slapped her old arm back, stared her in the face and with the lowest growling voice I had said," You touch my mother, and I will fucking kill you."

I turned back to my Mom, stared ahead making little moons of blood with my nails into my fists, as this old bitch continues to dare me touch her hot ass.

I explained to her that she had better go back to her fucking daddy and leave me alone.

The employees stood by and watched, and the other customers stared in awe at me as I walked out and punched the fuck out of the brick walls leading to the exit. They also stared in shock at the old people.

Where was management during all this?
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

That's what I'm wondering. I'm also wondering why 911 wasn't called once the lady went from being a bitch to attempted assault.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
        I'm also wondering why 911 wasn't called once the lady went from being a bitch to attempted assault.
        Management was standing there checking out in our line staring at the old woman and doing nothing... as for 911, I have no idea. If we had called the cops, I know the attempted assault could be held against her, but my Mom doesn't have the nerves for dealing with that right now (she has various medical problems I won't go into that make it impossible for her to deal with stress).

Poor Mom was crying when we got outside =x

Later on, it was just kindof hilarious.

Comment

When you asked them to quit hitting you with the cart and they continued, that's probably battery at least. I would have called the cops for that.

Comment

That situation certainly should not have gone that far. I would have been on the phone with the police ASAP, just to cover my own butt even if nothing ended up happening. Can't believe the store wasn't watching-out for the safety of their customers or even trying to simmer things down. Big fail.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

what the hell is it with goodwill lately? I was just there sat and there was a woman and her teenage daughter. They were saying very loudly that everything here was trash and why do people shop here. Just chalk it up to these kinds of people are the ones that have lost everything in this recession and now they are having to live like the "poor" people. They don't know how to act.

Comment

You know, if that had been me there WOULD have been a smackdown, and cops probably WOULD've gotten called.

Because if they continued hitting me with the cart after I'd asked them nicely not to? I'd have turned around, grabbed the front of the cart, and slammed it backwards into them so hard they'd both have fallen down.

Had an inconsiderate, not-paying-attention teenage girl do that to me once. I wound up with bruises on my legs, and she would up changing lanes.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                  I'd have turned around, grabbed the front of the cart, and slammed it backwards into them so hard they'd both have fallen down.
                  Nah, that's a bit too confrontational for me. Passive-aggressive, that's the key. At the front of most carts on the bottom, there's a crossbar just above the front wheels. I'd have put my heel on this and shoved backwards, without even turning around. Then play innocent. "Huh? What do you mean, I pushed the wagon into you? How could that be, if you never touched me with it like you said?"

Comment

Oooh, Shalom, that's perfect! Wish I'd thought of it.

Comment

Wow, usually at the thrift stores here the biggest problem is people who let their kids run wild all over the store.

The management at the store was totally wrong to let that continue. They should have put a stop to the those old farts yelling at you in the first place, before the woman tried to hit your mother.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        The management at the store was totally wrong to let that continue. They should have put a stop to the those old farts yelling at you in the first place, before the woman tried to hit your mother.
                        I agree. I did send them a letter the other day letting them know I wouldn't be spending money there again because of it. My Mom still enjoys it, though lol

Comment

Working...
                        X