This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated with Target

I needed kitty litter so I decided to go down to Target and get some and my friend and her two kids came with me. They had a sale on the brand kitty litter that I wanted and a sign stating that if I bought two that I would get a five dollar gift card so I grabbed two and we went up to the register. She rang them up I paid and then I noticed that she hadn't given me a gift card.

Me: "I'm sorry I'm supposed to get a five dollar gift card with this".
    SC:"Well bring them off to the side and let me see". She scans them and then says "Well its not ringing up so you must have grabbed the wrong ones sorry" and then starts to ring my friends stuff up. She didn't offer to do a price check or anything on it. So I ran back to double check and I had grabbed the right ones.

I found someone on the sales floor and asked him to come back and look at it he said he was helping someone else and would help me in a minuet so I waited and then he took me over to another register and did a price check on it and of course it didn't come up he then took me over to guest services and looked at the ad and said

SC: "Well I don't see it in the ad".
    Me: "Well it says it on a big sign over there. Could you please go over and check"?
    SC: "No. I can't give you a gift card but I'll just give you five bucks and then I'll send someone over to to take those signs down but I think that your wrong".
    He then gave me five bucks and I left.

I probably would have talked to a manager if my friend wasn't waiting for me but I didn't want to keep her and the kids any longer.

So a question for those that work at Target how do they usually handle price discrepancies?

I hope I'm not being over sensitive about it but I felt very insulted by the whole thing.

Sounds like their scanning people don't take old signs down just like ours don't, or they were new signs with people being lazy and not wanting to do price checks. Either way it's a crappy situation, if you had more time you should've talked to a manager to clear it up.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Yeah I would have but both kids were getting fussy and I didn't want to keep them waiting any longer (it had taken about 15 minuets already). I'm thinking about going in tomorrow and talking to a manger to make them aware of it but don't know if it would be worth it.
      Last edited by tigger222; 04-11-2011, 01:54 AM.

Comment

When I went to Target, something similar happened to me (only it was the wrong item), and they had no problems getting the right item(s) and fixing the whole problem. It might just be that one Target, because mine's pretty awesome.
        My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

I haven't worked there in a year and a half, but here goes...

Gift card promotions are/were tricky. They WOULD NOT SCAN into the register if the promotion wasn't current, so if the old signs were still up, we COULD NOT give a gift card.

However, the policy at my store was to track down the errant sign, make sure the customer had the correct item for the promotion, and take the amount of the gift card directly off the purchase. Then we'd get rid of the errant sign so it wouldn't happen again. YMMV at your current store, though.
          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
          X