Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Open letter to Comcast) When it's on autopay...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
    I usually hear more about this with regards to the shipping industry.

"Never use FedEx! OMG! Use UPS!"

or

"UPS totally sucks! Use FedEx!"
    I've never had any trouble for either one, or even USPS. Now DHL on the other hand...
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

One of my old jobs (bookstore) would call them "Drop-it-Hide-it-Lose-it".
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Ok the bits where comcast says they aren't compatible with networks? really? ANY internet service provider and their equipment is compatible with ANY network and ANY router. No matter what.

We have comcast at home and at any one time can have 3 laptops, a desktop and possibly a ps3 hooked up and it works fine...but then I haven't had trouble with them. Love the cable tv also.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          Ok the bits where comcast says they aren't compatible with networks? really? ANY internet service provider and their equipment is compatible with ANY network and ANY router. No matter what.
          I know, seriously. My roommate just politely terminated the call at that point, waited a bit, and then called back in the hopes of getting a rep who had a bit more of a clue.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

The only time I ever hear people talk bad about comcast and att is on message boards.

I also have att and never once had a problem. My husband had att for 10 years and never once had an issue.

Comment

Patiokitty - wow. That explains soooo much! It makes me want to leave Comcast even more. I hate companies that treat their employees/contractors like that.
              The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

AT&T is pretty hit or miss. People have either no problems with them, or nothing but problems.

Charter Communications is the same way as well.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                  The only time I ever hear people talk bad about comcast and att is on message boards.
                  It seems to depend on the local corperate. In your area, they behave themselves. In my neck of the woods, they are a choice of last resort. My uncle won't even use them as a last resort, as it took them three tries to even install the equipment correctly, then they had issues all through his contract. He finally called them and told them to cancel him and get their stuff. They have yet to collect it, or tell him where to take it. The equipment sits in a box in his closet in case they decide to come after him at a later date.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

This is pure speculation on my part, but I always assumed that the problems/lack of problems with Comcast has to do with the availability of viable competition in the area. For example, in the suburb I live in, Comcast is the only real broadband provider. There is another company that offers DSL, which isn't as fast. However, our Comcast line has constant problems, while we never had issues with the DSL. But, since we want the fastest available to us (I'm a gamer), Comcast is our only option. If Uverse or Fios made it out here, we'd drop Comcast like a bad habit.
                    There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

not really on topic, but every time i see this thread title outta the corner of my eye, i read it as "when it's an autopsy"

i need sleep or something...

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                        Personally, I'd chose reliable over fastest
                        Fortunately, it doesn't happen too often, but it does happen regularly.
                        There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Working...
                        X