Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's your fault they messed up my sandwich!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's your fault they messed up my sandwich!

Last night after trying to do a personal training session - I didn't finish the whole hour due to my knee acting up - I stopped by Subway on the way home to get dinner for me and the husband.

As I walked in, there was a father and a kid, probably about 8-9 years old. He was standing by his dad, then ran to the chips, then ran back to him, then ran to the fridge where the sodas were and back to his dad again. The kid just couldn't keep still. He also couldn't decide what he wanted and his dad kept having to tell him to come back and tell the lady [sandwich artist] what he wanted.

About the same time the kid finally decided, the other employee took my order. I got the husband a meatball and myself a BLT. As the lady was helping me, the other one kept asking the kid about what he wanted. Somehow, the other lady thought the kid wanted a BLT too, as it became evident towards the end of the line when the kid said something along the lines of "does it come with bacon?"

The lady said, "Oh, sorry I thought he wanted a BLT." The kid then looked and pointed at me saying "It was her fault! She ordered the BLT! I wanted the BMT!!"

I think the dad saw the look on my face - a very WTF, I don't think so and I so want to slap you right now kid - type look.

He looked at his son and said "It's not her fault you can't speak up and tell her want you want. Now I have to buy that sandwich too." The one employee said it was okay, but I think the dad wanted to get across to his son that his indecision and not paying attention have consequences.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Yea to the father for wanting to teach his kid a lesson. Now, hopefully the kid will learn it.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
      Yea to the father for wanting to teach his kid a lesson. Now, hopefully the kid will learn it.
      Just what I was thinking
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

The first Father of the Year award that was awarded completely sarcasm-free
        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

See, here's how he could fix that problem:

Kid can't keep still? Fine, we go home and you eat what I fix for you.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Still, he was trying to be a reasonable parent.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I just kept thinking back to what my dad would have done if I'd acted like that. I couldn't come up with anything because I knew better than to act like that. If I did, I'd have my ass whooped when I got home and restricted to the kitchen until he decided I could come out.

The kitchen was the only place they could put me where it was so gawd awful boring and I couldn't play with anything.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I hope the kid had to eat the BLT, too!
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Chances are, the kid didn't hear a thing the dad said because he saw a shiny object.
                  Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                  Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                    "It was her fault! She ordered the BLT! I wanted the BMT!!"
                    It's very good when the mutton is nice and lean.
                    /Miracle Max
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Lol, I had to check in what subforum I was :P

Go DAD

Comment

Working...
                      X