This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Small Mini Suck with a Win!

Today...and honestly this just barely classifies as a suck but I cannot stand it when someone wants me to match some cheap online website with no storefront..

Guy walks up to me and asks for help in the Watch shop. Sure, I'm his gal and accompany him over and start the chit-chat leading up to (hopefully) a sale.

Guy: So, my wife wants a watch.
    Me: Okay, did she tell you any specific brand or what functions she wants?
    Guy: (pulls out a computer printout - obviously he's done some searching on Glamazondotcom). She wants this one. (points at watch on printout)
    Me: Perfect! I have that exact watch. (I produce said watch and confirm it matches his printout) What do you think, sir?
    Guy: (small suck starts) Well, I see here online it's nearly half price. They seem to have a lot of deals online.
    Me: (tired of bargaining with the internet and I take the watch and start to put it away) You know what sir, that is a great deal, you should probably try to order it from them.
    Guy: (obviously mulling it over getting back online and ordering the watch that he just had in his hand). Nah, you know what. I'll take it. Since you got it right here...
    Me: Sure thing sir, (hands him watch) Thank you and have a great day!

I'm gonna try that again the next time someone starts the 'cheaper on the internet' refrain with me.
    Just to cut off any helpful suggestions: This woman was not blind, nor disabled. She was just a bitch. - Boozy

"Nearly half the price" he says. Does that include shipping? Does the web sight have it in stock? If they do have it in stock how long for it to be shipped?

That's why I don't order online a lot. Buying at a store may cost more but it's there now, not in 6 weeks.

Comment

That's exactly the advantage and reason to buy it in the store. If you can afford to wait, online is nearly always cheaper, even with shipping, simply because its coming straight from a warehouse somewhere.

Comment

Well played Middle....very well played.

Comment

When I was at the game store, I used to get 'customers' who demanded we match Amazon's price. At that time we were also selling some items there...that resulted in "I saw you're selling this on Amazon/ebay for $lowprice, can I get that price here in the store?" (typically the stuff that was online had been removed from the shelves because they weren't moving, or a sought-after item that could bring far more in the auction format)
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Buying online for some stuff is definitely cheaper. My laptop adapter broke and I went to the manufacturer's website to order a new one. Over $100 for a cord?!?! No F-ing way. Went to amazon and bought it for less than $20 even with shipping. Great deals you can find. And it only took 4 days to ship. :P
            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Yup. While I do enjoy shopping at our local not-Worst-Try, sometimes price wins out especially for small stuff that I can afford to wait on.

I do not, however, go in there and demand they pricematch Newegg (while they do this on processors, I have overheard SCs wanting that match on other stuff).
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I like to order computer stuff online from geeks.com, because they have a "pick up at our warehouse" option, and the warehouse is just a few miles from where I work. So same day in hand, with Internet pricing! (But I'm just lucky that one of the best computer warehouse sites is physically so close to me.)

For many items, I will opt to pay more in a brick-and-mortar, if I can't afford to wait. In other words, "what everyone else said."
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
                X