This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your music is OFFENSIVE!

My only day with serious SC potential is Saturday, since that's the only day I really deal with the public. This guy was a real winner.

Me: Headbangin' to Beethoven
    J: Coworker
    CJ: Carhartt Jackass
    P: Parts guy at GM dealer up the street

MINOR BAD SWEARS AND DEROGATORY REFERENCES AHEAD

No offense to people who wear a Carhartt jacket for work, but I've noticed that SC-ness and Carhartt jackets seem to go hand in hand.......

J and I listen to the local classical music station on Saturdays. It's low-key, calm, and soothing. Unless you are an asshat. Read on.

CJ was a real winner. Big lump of chew in his lip, looked like he hadn't bathed for a week, after he rolled in mud and grease. His precious jacket looked like it had seen better days as well.

Me: <to CJ> Good morning, Can I help you?

CJ: Yeah, I need a door handle for a..........what the hell are you guys listening to?

Me: Classical.<give a quizzical glance to J>

CJ: You should turn that shit off. I don't want to hear it.

Me: What kind of car do you need a door handle for?

CJ: Turn off this faggotty-ass music and I'll tell you.

Me: The music is fine. What kind of vehicle are you working on?

CJ: Get me your manager. I don't have to listen to this shit.

Me: My manager is down at the warehouse at the moment. He won't be back up for about 20 minutes.

CJ: I guess I'll take my business elsewhere then. I don't buy parts from faggots. <leaves>

J: What the hell just happened?

Me: Just a redneck showing his stripes.

I called over to our nearest competitor, another GM dealer just up the street. I know these guys very well. This was the most likely place for CJ to go.

P: <on phone> Good morning, parts, this is P, can I help you?

Me: Dude, some asshat is most likely on his way over there<told him the story of CJ> turn on <classical station>.

P: Consider it done.

P called me back in about 5 minutes. CJ came in the door, took one listen to the great works of long-dead geniuses wafting gently from the radio, said "Apparently this places is full of faggots too" and left. PWNED!!!1!1! LOLZ!

As far as I know, his door handle is still broken.

The next time I hear R&B, pop, or rap music playing in a business, I'll refuse to do business with them unless they turn it off. Or not. It doesn't seem to works out so well.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

*snerk* That's awesome. Nothing better than an SC deciding to punish themselves because they can't get over something.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

They think we all hate each other because we LOOOOOve them...

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        *snerk* That's awesome. Nothing better than an SC deciding to punish themselves because they can't get over something.
        What blew me away was there really wasn't anything for him to get over. One look at my music library would show that there is a lot of "not work safe" tunes that I could have been playing..........

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
        They think we all hate each other because we LOOOOOve them...
        I hear it all the time. Some ass will come in bitching up a storm about "those idiots" at one of the other GM dealers in my town, not realizing I go out drinking with the same guys they're cussing about. Instant asshole tax for that offense.
        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
          What blew me away was there really wasn't anything for him to get over. One look at my music library would show that there is a lot of "not work safe" tunes that I could have been playing..........
          Actually, you commited the cardinal sin towards SCs, you didn't bow to his demands immediately. If he was capable of noticing the rest of your music library, then he probably figured you'd change the music no problem, attitude notwithstanding. You said no, which just cried out for retribution!!! Which means going elsewhere, apparently.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Irony: Looking for a door handle while the 5th of Beethoven is playing.

Bonus Video!
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Hehehe, you should've said "sure" and put on some heavy death metal. Or some weird and wonderful humor music, like "Clone F*cker" or something similar. *snigger*
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

"Arrrgh...music...making...neurons...fire. Brain...starting ...to...work. IT BURNS!!!! IT BURNS!!!"

That is great stuff.

Comment

Hell, you haven't lived until you go into the movie rental store in my town. I went in to return a couple videos on the 21st and heard this gem of a Christmas song blaring through the speakers. "Santa Claus Goes Straight To The Ghetto" by Snoop Dog.

Well, you may like it but I'm 54 and into George Strait and Shania Twain.
                  Last edited by bigjimaz; 12-31-2007, 08:51 AM.
                  This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

What's wrong with classical music that he had such a fit about it? Oh wait...he's a redneck...lol.

Comment

Sounds like every guy I went to high school with. (Another reason I've never been to a high school reunion).
                      "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
                      "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
                      --Dilbert

Comment

wow. that guy sounds just like my whole town if you aren't playing EXACTLY what they want to hear they get all pissy and call you gay... it varies between rap and country here.... I'm 19 and i hate rap and love classical, most rock, jazz, bluegrass, etc, etc

Comment

Brightstar: Ahem. I am a redneck who happens to enjoy most forms of music from AC/DC to Zepplin and much in between including classical such as Beethoven, Mozart and Brahms. I went to bed last night listening to the Brandenburg Concerto. That guy was a jerk and an Idiot nothign more, nothing less....

Thank you this has been your mild reminder that when you use labels indescriminately that you may know someone who that label applies to.

And yes I wear Carharts to work in but would never worry about what sort of music was playing at the place that had a car part I needed. I need a car part I don't car if the people behind the coutner are wearing pink tutus listening to nursery rhymes as sung by Ozzy Osborne I'm here to get my part not worry about your musical selection.

Comment

That's funny, all my gay friends listen to death metal or techno...
                            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

that happened at the gas station I used to work at. the manager turned the radio to the local NPR classical music station just for a little variety. better than the "OK let's play the same song 6 times in an 8 hour shift top 40 radio station" we had on. ONE friggin customer just had to ruin it for everyone. this bitch called our corp office and complained the music was too highbrow and snutty for a

gas station
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X