This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    Even if they were the greatest blanket, ever, I would never own a Snuggie or anything like it.
    They are rather silly, aren't they? So's the name. When I was a kid, "snuggie" was the local term for yanking up the back of someone's underpants. So I have to laugh when someone says they're giving someone else a Snuggie for Christmas.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• On the subject of snuggies, I bring you this (NSFW).

Gives a whole new meaning to the "debriefing" in this thread title.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
        They are rather silly, aren't they? So's the name. When I was a kid, "snuggie" was the local term for yanking up the back of someone's underpants. So I have to laugh when someone says they're giving someone else a Snuggie for Christmas.
        We called it a "wedgie."

When I think of snuggies, I think of baby diapers, myself.

ralerin: great link
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

• And lo I just spent the better part of a week reading these...

I only had a single case of customer suck. Had some 'poor planning' suck from the higher-ups(They DID feed us on Friday... I brought lunch anyway. Why? Because I went in at 5am, and predicted lunch would be served at 11, and I'd get lunch at 9. Well, I got it at 9:45... The food was put out at 10:30. Yeah, I was glad I brought food then.)...

Single case of suck - As per permanence now, I was on SCO. I didn't really have more than one SC that day, mostly just sucky machines and illogical programming(WHY do I need to put in how many packs of those stupid sticky hook things a customer is buying when they ONLY come in a pack?! What is the POINT of "Sold by the pack" when it only comes in a pack ANYWAY? Single rolls of tape, too!). So, all's going well, and then this guy comes up. He's got..

- A designer-looking curtain rod
          - A box of starter logs
          - A light plastic shelf thing(I think. It was a large box but incredibly light)

Remember that this is SELF checkout. He asks ME to scan them FOR him, AT the machine. I politely offer, if he scans the rod, and MAYBE the shelf-thing(Awkward box, I didn't know how heavy it was), I could get the box for him after.

"Well don't you have a gun?"

And I'm just thinking, "Yeah, and there's some features my 'up at 3am' brain wishes it had about now."

Really? You came to SELF check-out, and expected me to scan it all FOR you? WHY did you bother coming over in the FIRST place?

I think he was a recurring customer, though, one of those smart-asses that's so wrapped up in his own self-superiority, he thinks he's the Grand Pubbah and all must bow and kiss his cracked and yellow toenails(In all seriousness, I keep noticing a trend with funky gross nails and my male customers... Granted it's mostly finger nails... Is there something in the water around here?).

How telling is it that I'm so thrown-off on my internal time-clock, I can't wait for this upcoming 3-day weekend to get back on my normal internal time-clock of 6 hours of sleep a night, and being up to 1am otherwise? I may actually buy that Baileys* I've been fantasizing about for a while now...

* - Sad(Maybe) but true fact, while over the age of 21, I've had very little alcohol... And here I LOVE the tastes of Baileys and Kilua&Cream... Mmmmm, chocolate milk taste that burns ~
          Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

• Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
            Really? You came to SELF check-out, and expected me to scan it all FOR you? WHY did you bother coming over in the FIRST place?
            Usually situations like this can be explained very simply:

Stupidity. Blind, seething, utter stupidity.

Frankly, I would not be at all surprised if this cretin was so stupid he didn't realize that those checkout lanes were SELF checkout lanes. "But Jester, there are clear signs that say so!" Yes, and we ALL know about SC's and their vaunted ability to read and comprehend signs.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
              "Well don't you have a gun?"
              "Yes sir. Firearms are issued to all retail staff on Black Friday. Ask one too many stupid questions and I start shooting."
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

• Quoth cinema guy View Post
                "Yes sir. Firearms are issued to all retail staff on Black Friday. Ask one too many stupid questions and I start shooting."

In my state retail clerks (even liquor) are allowed to carry firearms openly if management desires.There's a tobacco store in the town down the road from me,the young,pretty female clerk there has a Springfield XD on her rather shapely hip at all times.

To all:
                You have my utmost support & sympathy during the Crazy Season.
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  Can I use part of this for a sig...?

I've actually counted it, too - It says "Self Check Out" in 10 different places. Twice on each machine(The welcome screen and the light; 4 machines total), and then there's two HUGE RED BANNERS hanging over the machines. And somehow customers consistently miss these. Had a guy bring a cupboard over to SCO today... Yeah... That was ALL he had.

It's no wonder my eye will twitch at least once a day at work...
                  Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

• Ralerin -- Simply awesome.

Quoth Jester View Post
                    So when you ask, "how stupid can one get?", my immediate response is "look around."

Or to put it more poetically, "been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding, the cretins cloning and feeding..."
                    Well, it's not like they have anything better to do...that's always been my theory
                    Quoth Panacea View Post
                    My apologies if I offended anyone. I was feeling a bit silly when I wrote that.
                    FWIW, none taken Besides, funny trumps all, and your line definitely qualifies!
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Black Friday wasn't really all that bad for me, I work at a store that isn't really a typical BF destination. Still, we were busy. We're next door to a Best Buy so I think that may have helped a little. We did very well with sales and my manager was really psyched about it.

I only worked a five hour shift and my manager(who is the best manager I have ever had the pleasure of working for) bought all of us lunch. I feel very fortunate that it wasn't a hateful day at all.

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                        I am honored, touched, flattered, and humbled that I would be considered part of any "holy trinity" in here, by anyone, anytime. Just....wow.
                        And you have been for some time. A while back I posted that WWJD meant What Would Jester Do.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth RetailSlave View Post
                          Woman came in Thursday night...we had a Wii bundle in our Super Saturday ad for $199 plus a $50 Catalina coupon off your next purchase plus "Santa bucks" that would take an additional $20 off. She gave us a sob story about how her son was 12 and in a wheelchair and she didn't want to bring him into the crowds so she wanted to know if she could go ahead and purchase it and get the sale price right now. We told her no, it wouldn't be good until Saturday at 6am. Then she wanted to know if she could buy it at full price, then come in Saturday morning and return it and rebuy it at the sale price. We told her they didn't encourage that...she wanted to talk to a manager. Manager told her the same thing..but she still insisted on buying the thing....she said, "You can't stop me from returning it at rebuying it on Saturday." I told our day manager and the women who will be working Service desk Saturday what had happened and suggested the following.. She can return the Wii bundle on Saturday...but she can't just turn around and rebuy it then and there. She will be informed that it has to be returned to stock and that if she wants to purchase one she will have to go back to Electronics and stand in line to purchase it. Then put it in the return bin behind the service desk and not send it back immediately. They agreed that it would be within store policy to do so and would tell our Media manager.
                          Did this scheming woman show up on Saturday to attempt the return and repurchase the Wii bundle?

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            And you have been for some time. A while back I posted that WWJD meant What Would Jester Do.
                            Humbled again. I hate this. STOP HUMBLING ME, PEOPLE! I'm far better as an egotistical arrogant shit, thank you very much.

So....how often do you apply WWJD? And, in various situations, what DO you think I would do, hmmm? (I'm curious.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                              So....how often do you apply WWJD? And, in various situations, what DO you think I would do, hmmm? (I'm curious.)
                              You want an example? The main one that comes to mind is the fine art of negotiating the price of a beer with a customer. I hope to use that technique some day.

Comment

Working...
                              X