Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching a bunch of zombies invade a polka party.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I have started a jigsaw puzzle. It is Magnolia Morning by White Mountain Puzzles.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I just finished the very last Clone Wars episode...right in the heart, that one.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
          I just finished the very last Clone Wars episode...right in the heart, that one.
          Yes. So many feels.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

The Vagrant (action side-scroller similar in style to Odin Sphere; gorgeous hand-drawn animation - plus it's cheap!)

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Chrono Trigger

(all on Steam -- They have a sale going on for FF12/CT/DQ11/Oninaki as a bundle)
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Found out recently that Steam doesn't support the version of OS that I have...
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I suspect it may say something disturbing about me as a human being, but please keep in mind that I tend toward dark humor as a coping tool.

I just found an interesting game for Android (don't know about other platforms) called Plague Inc. You construct a disease and turn it loose, with the goal to wipe out the world before they succeed in curing your bug. Seems to have some appeal to my more misanthropic side.

Obviously, I wouldn't DO this in real life even if I had the ability. I figure this one's about the same moral ballpark as your average "if it moves shoot it" or Grand Theft Auto.
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                  I suspect it may say something disturbing about me as a human being, but please keep in mind that I tend toward dark humor as a coping tool.

I just found an interesting game for Android (don't know about other platforms) called Plague Inc. You construct a disease and turn it loose, with the goal to wipe out the world before they succeed in curing your bug. Seems to have some appeal to my more misanthropic side.

Obviously, I wouldn't DO this in real life even if I had the ability. I figure this one's about the same moral ballpark as your average "if it moves shoot it" or Grand Theft Auto.
                  Hmmm, I think I'll go hunt up that one ...

Currently watching (on YouTube, as always) a 1980 movie titled "The Hearse." Something about a small town and a haunted house.
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I got it on Google Play. I do not know if this game is available for anything other than Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...clip.plagueinc
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Siri, play Let It Go.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A rather ghastly film called 'Super' with a phenomenomenal cast list- Rainn Wilson(who becames a super hero to get his ex-wife back from drug dealers),Kevin Bacon, Liv Tyler and Ellen Page but which just ends up in lots of blood and people being violently attacked. You do get to see Ellen Page in and out of her sidekick costume so thats cool
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

My fiance and I have been binge watching "Warrior Nun" on Netflix. Based on the trailer, I thought it was going to be some pulpy action horror show, but really it's part supernatural thriller and part coming of age story. There's feminist themes. There's critique of the Catholic Church. There's a ton of technobabble. And there's some cool action scenes of nuns fighting demons. We have two episodes left, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this season wraps up. (No spoilers, please.) I see headlines suggesting there'll be a season 2. I hope so.
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Playing

I'm still playing Destiny 2, in spite of some issues the game has. Some of my friends (and plenty of other players) are bitching about the fact that the upcoming fall expansion will be removing content (four destinations), since that's content that people have paid for which is no longer going to be playable, and making some loot unobtainable. (Bungie, the developers, have said they will make that loot obtainable through other means in the future, but have not yet said/decided how that will happen yet.)

Found this game on Steam/Google Play called Hook which is a casual little puzzle game. It introduces the simple mechanics a bit at a time, before combining them together. There's only 50 levels, and the last ten combine all of the mechanics together. I've had fun just chilling and replaying it over and over on either my laptop or on my phone.

Watching

I've delved into a few animes for my podcast (Bored to Death Bingecast) as of late. Some of them are older ones, admittedly. We've binged these series in easily digestible chunks (around 2 hours, usually).

My Hero Academia - world of people with Quirks (superpowers), protag wants to be a Hero despite being born Quirkless, gets mentored by the world's number-one Hero. We finished Season 1, haven't been able to synch up schedules with my co-hosts to resume it yet. I appreciate that the series acknowledges that there are usually "required secondary powers" for some of these abilities which people may not have - the One-For-All Quirk, for instance, takes a serious toll on the body, which can't handle the sheer power it unleashes.

Mobile Suit Gundam - the original mecha anime. My friends and I plan to binge through the whole damn saga, in release order. We're a little over half-way through the first series. Despite being an older anime, a lot of its themes are still relevant-- like battle fatigue/PTSD, the politicization of events, and similar. Little touches like hearing the machinery in the mobile suits working, or seeing the clamps applying when vehicles transforming, are good as well.

Fire Force - This is a newer series, second season just started. Humanity lives under the perpetual threat of spontaneous human combustion, which may or may not be supernaturally-triggered. The titular organization consists of people dedicated to fighting the 'Infernals' that are spawned when someone spontaneously combusts. My friend Sam and I both noticed that the series is surprisingly fast-paced in the eight or so episodes we've watched so far. A thing like the Rookie Games would have been your usual "sports festival" ten-episode arc or something in any other shonen anime. But here, it's only one episode. It made both of us wonder "where is it going to go from here!?"
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Still playing Terraria... spent the last two weeks or so talking advantage of late pre-Hardmode to do a big build. Now I'm taking a deep breath before the plunge into Hardmode.

Geekery: I've been playing surprisingly pure Melee so far (though as usual I lurve my minions), but for the Wall of Flesh fight I've pulled out a Star Cannon to back up my Cascade and Sunfury, Also the new Honeycomb/Shark-Tooth-Necklace combo, which I'm guessing will make a good reply to those lasers. I'm generally lovin' the new options in 1.4.... I do have half a dozen buff stations set up as well, we'll see i that's enough.

Comment

I've been watching Celebrity Gogglebox on 4oD; Rylan and his mum are my absolute favourites, since that is very much how I used to interact with my mum.

Recently watched a couple of films that I've been meaning to for a while; one of them was Autopsy. Holy moly, was that a scary film! Proper old-fashioned horror, building the suspense rather than wasting it all through pointless jump-scares. I will never randomly ring my late mum's crystal bell collection again; anyone who's watched it will know what I mean. *shudders*

I also watched Knives Out. Great fun! Quite apart from being a genuinely excellent film, it was lovely to see Daniel Craig enjoying acting again. He's been getting so miserable doing the Bond films.
                                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                                X