• Show
Clear All

Why would you release a game early? O.o
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
      Why would you release a game early? O.o
      Well if the quality control checks out and the game is ready to go there's no reason to sit on it until a set date when you can get it out earlier and get the money sooner.

It's a rarity in the industry mainly because game breaking bugs pop up and forced a delay on the title, but earlier releases have been known to happen.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Watching Markiplier's playthrough of it and, so far, I like this game almost enough to want to buy it. I feel like I'm onto something about the whole 'Among the Sleep' reference I made earlier. The reason why involves Foxy being in the closet: [spoiler]When Foxy appears in the closet, you're supposed to close the door and repeatedly check until he turns back into a cute little plushie.[/spoiler] That, combined with [spoiler]at least one of the minigame cut scenes between nights[/spoiler] makes me wonder if this is all just in the imagination of the kid you play in the game.

Also, I think the only thing missing from the game is the ability to hide under the bed. In my mind, it would work the same way as being able to put on the Freddy head in FNAF 2.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          Watching Markiplier's playthrough of it and, so far, I like this game almost enough to want to buy it. I feel like I'm onto something about the whole 'Among the Sleep' reference I made earlier. The reason why involves Foxy being in the closet: [spoiler]When Foxy appears in the closet, you're supposed to close the door and repeatedly check until he turns back into a cute little plushie.[/spoiler] That, combined with [spoiler]at least one of the minigame cut scenes between nights[/spoiler] makes me wonder if this is all just in the imagination of the kid you play in the game.

Also, I think the only thing missing from the game is the ability to hide under the bed. In my mind, it would work the same way as being able to put on the Freddy head in FNAF 2.
          Regarding your theory, I've read up on what happens and watched some other LPs--

[The Nightmares are absolutely just in the child's mind. He doesn't like Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, and yet his parents are taking him there for his birthday, and his older brother likes to torment him by locking him in his room, scaring him with a Foxy mask, and even leaving him behind at the restaurant.]

It gets worse, though--

[The child is also the victim of the Bite of '87. We find out that it was Fredbear/Golden Freddy who did it, but not due to deliberate sabotage or haunted animatronics. The child's dickhead older brother and his gang decided to play a prank and put his head in Fredbear's mouth. And then-- crunch.]
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm not so sure about that second one, Jay. Because didn't the Bite of '87 victim survive? Quote from Phone Guy in FNAF 1: Uhh... they used to be allowed to walk around during the day too, but then there was The Bite of '87. Yeah. I-It's amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, you know?[/quote]

In the post-night-6 cutscene, the kid seems to die. So either Scott is futzing up the details of his own story, or something else is going on.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Might be a case of exact wording because Phone Guy never said how long the victim lived, just that the kid survived. We're also not told the victim's quality of life. Comatose is still technically alive.

I swear the more games that come out in this series, the more confusing it gets and each game poses more questions than it answers. :/
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

That is a very fair point. And it would, after having found a few of the game's Easter eggs, make a lot of sense. Particularly the IV drip bag and pill bottle that occasionally appear at the bedside when you turn to look back at the bed.

Comment

Something also to keep in mind is-- [the Bite happened in '87 and obviously so do the cutscenes before each Night. But there's no indication about when the Nights are actually taking place. My theory is the cutscenes are set in '87. But the game itself is set at some point after FNAF 1. During FNAF 1 (set mid-90s), the Bite victim was still alive, but it's very possible that the victim dies at some point after that.]
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

New hypothesis about FNAF 4--

[The game is not set in 1987. The Child is not the victim of the Bite of '87.

The game is set in 1983. After Night 3, during the playable cutscene, if you hover your mouse over the TV in the Child's house, an advert will come on saying "Fredbear And Friends! 1983"

This, combined with a lack of the other animatronics being on the stage at the restaurant-- no Freddy/Bonnie/Chica or their Toy variants-- which they should be, if this were set in 1987 during the week of FNAF 2-- suggests that this is not Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, but actually Fredbear's Family Diner. The golden spring-lock suits being in evidence-- we see an employee in the golden Fredbear suit and there's an Easter egg sighting of Purple Guy helping another employee put on the golden Bonnie suit-- add more credence to this.

This also could explain how the Child is having these nightmares, given that MatPat and the Game Theorists have pointed out that frontal lobe damage means the Bite of '87 Victim would not be experiencing these dreams as nightmares. And if the Child does indeed die after Night 6 like the flatlining heart monitor suggests, this could also explain away the plot-hole of the Bite of '87 Victim surviving the bite.

Phone Guy says in Night 5 of FNAF 2 that the original restaurant, Fredbear's Family Diner, had been closed down for years. If the events of FNAF 4 are set in 1983 and NOT 1987, this could explain how the Diner closed and why a rebranding would have been done.
                    ]

Comment

Jay, I kinda squee'd when I read your new hypothesis, because I've been thinking all of the same for the past week. Also, it makes my theory that Crying Boy is the Puppet still plausible.

So... who wants to bet that the DLC that's supposed to be out on Halloween will be released within the month?
                      Last edited by firecat88; 08-06-2015, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I'd just like to add that it's amazing that an indie game has come this far. I mean seriously, this guy is managing to basically use the same formula with little tweaks and we still keep coming back for more.

That's what a good story does, I guess. And a mystery.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Kinda off topic but I saw a Freddie Fazbear cosplay the other day at a local con. It was pretty amazing.
                          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

This was actually pointed out by someone I follow on Tumblr, but the picture on ScottGames.com has changed twice in the past week.

The first change was this: https://40.media.tumblr.com/514011af...x0gdo1_400.jpg The appearance of two cutesy exoskeletons.

The second one was this: https://40.media.tumblr.com/9256580f...x0gdo2_500.jpg The cute little Fredbear behind Toy Bonnie.

Since FNAF 4 has already made several nods to FNAF 1, I wonder if this means that the DLC will do the same for FNAF 2.

Comment

Al has put forward the theory (I haven't been reading this thread so I don't know if anyone else suspects the same) that the crying child did not witness a murder...but a springlock failure.

"Hi kids! *hurrrkkkaaaaugghhgurgle* "

This would make more sense (to me anyway) than witnessing a murder because I'd like to see anyone do much of anything while inside a suit like that. The murders may still have happened, of course, but I'd be willing to believe that the kid didn't witness any of them, or if he did, was just paying more attention because of seeing the failure and thus saw more of what he shouldn't have.
                              Last edited by Tama; 09-12-2015, 02:17 PM.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

http://firecat88.tumblr.com/post/129...206/i-want-one
                                http://firecat88.tumblr.com/post/129...rly-terrifying
                                http://firecat88.tumblr.com/post/128...you-saw-but-it

It continues....and I still don't know what it means. All I know is that Plush Foxy is adorable and I want one.

Apparently the next game will be called FNAF World. It'll be RPG style and the changes appearing on the picture are going to be the new characters.
                                Last edited by firecat88; 09-16-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X