Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I know I shouldn't, but I've been checking his IMDb page (which, it turns out, he actually has one) regularly to see if anything changes in regards to him being in the movie.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm a little leery of a FNaF movie getting made.

My friend Tom said probably the best way to do it would have it be a "one-man show" like the movie Buried. The security guard in the security office, almost no other people, and any other shots not in the office are solely on the camera feeds.

Of course, they probably won't. They'll probably up the number of security guards to have more actors (including probably shifting Jeremy and Fritz to the present day -- not to mention including a couple of female characters).

I dunno if they'll include Purple Guy in the movie narrative or what. I'm curious to see where they go with it, but I'm also wary of how good it'll end up being. We've been burned by too many bad video game movies in the past.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Don't get me wrong, I'm a little leery of a FNaF movie getting made.
        Oh, so am I. Just as much as I would be if someone was making a movie of, say, the King's Quest games. Because movie adaptations of stuff almost always manage to screw something up.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Are you ready 4 Freddy ... again?

Five Nights at Freddy's 4: The Final Chapter

Scheduled for release on Halloween 2015.

If you go to the creator's website the numbers 8 and 7 are all over the source code. 8 and 7 ... as in 87 ... as in the Bite of 87?

Let the speculation begin.
          Last edited by EricKei; 07-10-2015, 01:10 PM. Reason: added wimg tags
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Aww, and they wrapped up the last one so well.

Hmm. Hope they finally explain phone guy...

We all know it's him...
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Possible explaining of the Bite of '87 aside, I'm fairly meh about FNaF 4. Mostly because, as Tama said, the third game was wrapped up so well. I look at it kinda the same way as I look at Peter Jackson's decision to make three Hobbit movies instead of the originally-planned two- Not really necessary.

Comment

re: Phone Guy. I know it's a popular theory that Phone Guy was the Purple Guy, but that can't be the case.

Per FNaF 1, we know Phone Guy was killed by the animatronics/Golden Freddy when he was recording his message for Night 4.

But in the FNaF 3 between-level mini-games, when the Purple Guy is dismantling the haunted animatronics, the pizzeria is clearly abandoned. The roof is leaking, there are rats/mice everywhere, doors and windows are boarded up, etc. So clearly by that point, Freddy Fazbear's Pizza had closed down. Which puts it at some point AFTER FNaF 1.

But agreed, I think we'll be getting some more answers with FNaF 4.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  But agreed, I think we'll be getting some more answers with FNaF 4.
                  Hopefully they can clear up the timeline a bit. I've been following the GameTheory episodes on the games and really the only place left to be the setting of a game is the first Freddie Fazbear's Pizza (the one before FNAF2) and the Bite of '87. While I would like to see a few details cleared up (exactly how many murdered kids are we talking about? Who is Purple Guy?) I really don't think they need another game.

But yeah, Markiplier's playthroughs are hilarious.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

My theory is that purple guy is the murderer. It would explain Springtrap being the only one to kill you
                    My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

It's not in doubt that Purple Guy is the Murderer. What's in dispute is exactly who Purple Guy is.

One of the more popular theories is that Phone Guy is also Purple Guy.

I don't personally ascribe to that one, but I do think Purple Guy is someone who works for (or used to work for) the Freddy's franchise in some capacity.

I, too, like the Game Theorists' timeline that they've put forth, and I think the main reason that part 2 of their "all questions answered" video hasn't been posted yet is because like a day after they put part 1 up, Scott Cawthon put the FNAF 4 teaser image up.

Scotty C is known as a troll.

At any rate, I think later this summer I'll actually try my hand at these games. I have a new laptop specifically for gaming and gaming-related stuff, and when I do get around to doing these games, I'll also do LPs of them.

Comment

I'm inclined to think that phone guy is purple guy.

Wait! Idea!

Phone guy is a coworker of purple guy. Maybe he walked in on one of the murders, and was himself killed?

I like that idea mainly because I don't think the children would be brave enough to chase purple guy around the back room even if they could go in. They also stood at the door (because "you can't go there"), but the phone guy WOULD have been able to since he had worked there. Maybe the kids' job was to keep purple guy from leaving the room in the last stage of FNAF 3. How does that sound?
                        Last edited by Tama; 05-05-2015, 02:35 AM.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                          I'm inclined to think that phone guy is purple guy.

Wait! Idea!

Phone guy is a coworker of purple guy. Maybe he walked in on one of the murders, and was himself killed?

I like that idea mainly because I don't think the children would be brave enough to chase purple guy around the back room even if they could go in. They also stood at the door (because "you can't go there"), but the phone guy WOULD have been able to since he had worked there. Maybe the kids' job was to keep purple guy from leaving the room in the last stage of FNAF 3. How does that sound?
                          Like I said, I don't doubt that Purple Guy worked at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. It explains how he knew about the spring-suits, how he knew about the secret room, and how to dismantle the animatronics.

We know that Phone Guy died while recording the message for Night 4 in FNAF 1. We could hear all of the animatronics coming for him (you can hear Chica & Bonnie's "moaning," Foxy banging on the door, Freddy's jingle, and then Golden Freddy's roar just before it cuts out).

Thus, given Purple Guy survives until the Freddy's restaurant from FNAF 1 is shut down (the playable cutscenes in FNAF 3 are set in a restaurant that's clearly been abandoned), he can't be Phone Guy.

The children's ghosts may just have been unable to completely manifest themselves until all five of them had been freed from their "imprisonment" in the animatronics. Once all five of them were reunited like that, they were able to make a move on Purple Guy.

Comment

Even the Game Theory guy thinks that Purple Guy is Phone Guy. After thinking about it I'm not sure, I hope that it'll be explained though.

My original thought for why it would be phone guy is because Springtrap is the only one that kills you in 3. I guess a "hey that's not me" realization, and the animatronics DON'T kill you, when they see that it's not the phone guy.

If it's not phone guy, it still begs the question why they go in there and don't attack you. Can they actually HEAR the phone messages back there? And as a result, just decide to scare you for scaring them (because if it's phone guy, he would scare them? I don't know).

To spoil the game theory guy, he assumes that Phone Guy is Purple Guy BECAUSE he knew about the spring suits and whatnot. He would know how that stuff works.

I really hope they answer some of these questions with 4. This mystery is driving me nuts.
                            My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

I hadn't realized that MatPat had uploaded the conclusion of his FNAF Mysteries Solved series. Lemme go scope it out.

FAKE EDIT:
                              Well, MatPat does plot out his reasoning behind his "Purple Guy = Phone Guy" theorem, but I'm still unconvinced. The idea that FNAF 1 is a sort of "alternate timeline" kind of thing just doesn't hold water for me.

Agreed, however, that FNAF 4 better give some answers.

Comment

Scott C is a genius at this. This is a $2.99 game that is deceptively simple, with a storyline that EVERYONE is talking about...

...even if he does wrap this up I'd be willing to bet he'd do a game on the original Fazbear's Diner. I'm not sure it would be the typical FNAF formula but I think everyone would like a change of pace.
                                My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Working...
                                X