Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy tries to drive off of a tow truck!

It is exactly what the title says. I still do not know why the guy kept reversing and then trying wouldn't it be easier to try to just floor it?

http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/27/guy-st...off-tow-truck/

I expect the damage he's doing to his car is going to cost more to fix than the tow fee would have been.

Comment

Not to mention the damage he would be responsible for on the tow truck.
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

That's a special kind of stupid/desperate right there. Even if it worked, the two truck driver has his plate number and is likely recording the attempt on video, himself.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The stupid is strong with this one.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Silly Rabbit, that NEVER works.

" wouldn't it be easier to try to just floor it?"

You can hear him trying to floor it, the tires chirp a bit, but once they break traction, they just sit there and spin. You're not going anywhere. Plus modern cars with traction control will cut the throttle if they detect you've hung yourself up.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

So, Arga, how hard do you think the tow driver was laughing and/or shaking his or her head? I personally would've sat in my car in the lot to watch this happen, just to see if the numbnuts managed to destroy his vehicle completely. Then again... I'm a bit sadistic sometimes. What a dumbass!

ETA: In the comments, someone said if you jump in your vehicle and lock the door while it's hooked up, the tow driver will call dispatch and be told to let your car go. Somehow, I don't think that's true. My feeling is, the police would be more likely to get involved. Arga, can you confirm this?
              Last edited by BrenDAnn; 08-29-2015, 09:27 AM.
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                ETA: In the comments, someone said if you jump in your vehicle and lock the door while it's hooked up, the tow driver will call dispatch and be told to let your car go. Somehow, I don't think that's true. My feeling is, the police would be more likely to get involved. Arga, can you confirm this?
                Arga can confirm for sure, but I think in that case you can't drive off with the vehicle. So the tow truck driver would have to sit there. I don't think they're gonna let someone get away with something (i.e. a tow-able violation) by just getting in their car and locking the doors.

And yes, I think police would get involved.

I know it's a "reality" show, but they showed that on one of the "tow truck" reality shows one time.

I think someone did try that.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Arga has a post where a guy tried it, I think he ending up severely fucking up his back tires, or something. I know the guy tried HARD so the car was definitely not in a good state afterwards...
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                    I don't think they're gonna let someone get away with something (i.e. a tow-able violation) by just getting in their car and locking the doors.
                    Oh, I don't either. That would be a waste of everyone's time. Arga and his brethren are there to do a job, so let them do it, damn it!

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                      Around here, once the truck has the car lifted, it's theirs. If someone jumps in the car, the tow truck driver can call the police and have them removed.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                        Arga has a post where a guy tried it, I think he ending up severely fucking up his back tires, or something. I know the guy tried HARD so the car was definitely not in a good state afterwards...
                        Yes, Arga did have a post like that.

He also had a post where the guy didn't jump in his car-- he made his girlfriend do it, and SHE did a lot of damage to his car trying to get it off the hook.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post

ETA: In the comments, someone said if you jump in your vehicle and lock the door while it's hooked up, the tow driver will call dispatch and be told to let your car go. ?
                          Yeah, we call dispatch, POLICE dispatch, at that point, you are trying to evade a bill and/or endangering those around you. Whoever said that is probably related to the guy on the truck....
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

That was my thought, too, Arga. I read that comment, and rolled my eyes because I knew damn well it doesn't work that way. He seriously said that the driver would call their dispatch and be told to let the car go after a while. You know, I'd pay him to try it once, just for the laughs!

Comment

Working...
                            X