Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oookay. Today's high is supposed to be 102.

That's a bit much even for me.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
      BTW I'm STILL waiting for some of that cool, Canadian air.
      Mine! All mine! I want SNOW this winter (yes, I know, we're not likely to get anything good, eleven year cycle and all that).

I can take St. John's Wort this year, if I'm not getting enough light. This makes for a happy Magpie. (and a very relieved Jackdaw).

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
        Mine! All mine! I want SNOW this winter (yes, I know, we're not likely to get anything good, eleven year cycle and all that).

I can take St. John's Wort this year, if I'm not getting enough light. This makes for a happy Magpie. (and a very relieved Jackdaw).
        How well does that work? I haven't tried it and have had my share of crap with anti depressants so I'm a little leary.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I don't get winter blues, I get summer blues (and yes there is such a thing) I hate the sun, warmth and blue sky without clouds. If I want heat I go to Vegas. I will be much happier come fall and winter.

It wasn't a bad weekend up here, rain at night, sun and clouds during the day. And a breeze. I want my grey skies back.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            How well does that work? I haven't tried it and have had my share of crap with anti depressants so I'm a little leary.
            I cannot comment on it being an anti-depressant. I used it because it increases photo-sensitivity, and living in Canada, I have a touch of SAD. I buy the capsules from the store (standardized for active ingredient), but my mom used to dry the flowers and make tea from them. It helps if all you need is more light. Just NEVER take it in the middle of summer. Or any other time that you might be at risk for a burn.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
              I cannot comment on it being an anti-depressant. I used it because it increases photo-sensitivity, and living in Canada, I have a touch of SAD. I buy the capsules from the store (standardized for active ingredient), but my mom used to dry the flowers and make tea from them. It helps if all you need is more light. Just NEVER take it in the middle of summer. Or any other time that you might be at risk for a burn.
              Oh then I can't do it I am already on a prescription med to lower blood pressure that's photo sensitive and I've been avoiding the sun as much as possible...and now that fall is coming it will be a lot easier. Maybe it will help with my SAD though...hadn't thought of that.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

The equinox is this Wednesday at 11:09 pm EST.

Bring it!
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Ugh, it's still in the 90s here in Georgia. Won't really start to cool off until late November/early December. But, then, there's been years when it was warm enough to wear shorts on Christmas.

Oh, and winter here = grey. It's grey and rainy and not really cold enough to wear layers of pretty sweaters and jackets most of the time. It's like it's just not trying hard enough to be winter or something.
                  Last edited by 42_42_42; 09-21-2010, 05:45 AM.
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                  X