This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know my kids are bit unruly, but...

You, Mr. and Mrs. Unresponsive Parent take the damn cake! We've been trying to get back into a groove with the kids, and Sunday's is Swim day at our gym. It's the day that families are allowed into the therapy pool, and the reason that's desirable is the 100F water temp in the pool. It's much smaller than the lap pool, and during normal hours it's for physical therapy patients only.

Yesterday it was just me an the boys. My eldest (12), next eldest (8) and next youngest (5). The girls were out shopping for shoes (hah! Really, it's because my eldest daughter just refuses to like anything. And they still didn't bring any home!). When we got to the pool, there was an obvious adult couple and several children and an older lady in the pool. The two tweenagers spent most of their time walking around "flaunting" for the most part, but a younger boy in the 10-12 age range was being... well, a little shit. There's just no better word for it.

First, he was using a water shooter to shoot his sibling (one of the tweenagers). Then, he was using it to shoot his younger sister. That's cool, except the tweenagers were not in the pool! He was hitting the walls, the ceilings, anything that he damn well felt like. I watched him squirt his parents from a few feet away with NO repercussions! He was squirting water into the air return vents. He was squirting the damn lifeguard (who also chose to do nothing about it). I found out later on he was squirting my kids with the water from the hot tub as they were jumping into the therapy pool. His parents never once said anything, nor reacted in any way! It was getting to the point where I seriously considered handing out a whoop ass since one else seemed inclined.

And then, the couple left the hot tub (where they had parked themselves for 15 minutes or so) to hit the sauna. This left the tweenagers floating about, along with grandma and the brother and younger sister. But it left me wondering if it was even their kid? Eventually the tweenagers and grandma left the pool to change, along with little sister. But the left the little shit behind! WTF? So I'm still left wondering who's kid this belonged to, when the Dad of the couple from the hot tub shows up with the shit's street cloths. That was what finally confirmed he belonged to them.

I'm probably going back to the gym tonight, and I'm going to have to say something about both the kid's parents and the lifeguard. It just left me with a "WTF just happened here???" vibe for the better part of the night. That is one kid that's halfway to a life of Bad Things (TM).
    But the paint on me is beginning to dry
    And it's not what I wanted to be
    The weight on me
    Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Wonder if that family stayed at KhirasHY's hotel a few weeks ago...
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Our YMCA has an outdoor pool and also an outdoor kiddie pool, just a couple feet deep, where I feel safe letting my 4-year-old run around while I work or read. The kids always bring toys into the kiddie pool, including water guns, and we're no exception. Except we have some rules.

Do not shoot the water gun at anyone who is sitting in the deck chairs.

Do not shoot the water gun at the lifeguard.

Do not shoot the water gun at anyone who is not currently playing with you. Even if they are playing with you, if they ask you to stop, you stop.

Sounds like this couple got so tired by the third kid that they gave up acting like real parents.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I would not have been able to keep silent, my gums would have been flapping immediately.

Your restraint is admirable.
        The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

Working...
        X