This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic HR Fail

A while back I was out of work for about 8 weeks after I moved to New York. Before I applied for my current job and such, I not only applied for online but also applied in person for a different company (an outsourcing call center) for the Quality Auditor position. Fast forward 2 weeks later I got an email from one of the hiring managers from the Quality Assurance/Training Department to schedule my first interview over the phone but they mixed up my application with the pile for an Illinois location position instead of New York. After the interview, the hiring manager told me that in a week or two that I should get a call or an email to schedule my second phone interview with the Quality Assurance Director should I be chosen (after clarifying with her that I applied solely for the New York position). Weeks went by and not a peep from them, so I took it as not making the cut. So 2 weeks after I started my current job, I saw that I got calls (twice this week) and voicemails from one of the hiring managers in the New York office! So I called her back out of courtesy and she told me that she was under the impression (after I dropped the bomb that I was off the market and what happened) that I was slated for a second interview! To be honest, I think it was meant to be that I didn't get that Quality Auditor job since everyone in town says that the call center has a dubious reputation and the turn over is extremely high (we're not just talking about agents turning over like mad here! ) and I wouldn't want to work for an employer that's extremely disorganized.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Obviously they were not playing attention. Im glad you got another job...working for a messy slow HR can suck.

Comment

Working...
    X