This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, magical land of Forks is real

Not really suck, so not sure where I should post this, but...

Guest walks up to me. "How far are we from Forks?"
    Me: "Well, it depends on if you take the ferry or drive all the way around. Here, let me show you."

I pull out a map, show here where we are, and show her where Forks is. Guests eyes get really wide...

Me: "See, I'd recommend taking this highway and getting on the ferry, and then this highway..."
    Guest: "It's...it's really real?!?! That's where the movie was?"
    Me: "That's where the story takes place. The Twilight movies were actually filmed up in BC, but the story does take place in Forks."
    Guest: "Wow. I didn't think it was really real! I may have to go there."

Like I said, not sucky, but the look on her face when I pointed Forks out as a real place was priceless!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I so remember that look from when I worked in Port Townsend. There were people taking the "twilight" tours and I always wanted to ask if they really thought it would look like the movie.

Comment

I did that but it was Gallup New Mexico not Forks.

Comment

When I was in Kitsap I considered going to Forks to check it out, but at that time I had no car.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          When I was in Kitsap I considered going to Forks to check it out, but at that time I had no car.
          You didn't miss much. It isn't much more than a widespot in the road. It's a good launching point if you're going to be hiking in the Olympics (and I guess now they have lots of "Twilight"-focused business), but otherwise, it is one boring place. We made the mistake of staying overnight there on a road trip out to Ocean Shores. There's not much to do there. It was painfully dull.

At least there wasn't anything to do several years ago. I haven't been there since the "Twilight" boom, so maybe all that tourism gave them a nice economic boost and made them interesting. I dunno when I'll be back over there again.
          Last edited by bhskittykatt; 07-17-2011, 10:46 PM.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

*please hold, brain is rebooting*
            I would hate to live in that poor, poor little town.
            wait. Do you think any of them would be interested in re-enacting that one scene where the main twit almost gets hit with a car?? only 20 bucks! What a steal!! :begs: : ohplease:
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
            X