This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that's okay, they can wait

Because of my daughter's fascination with a certain chocolate fountain, we took her to the Kraal of Gold to eat. While there, some people asked the wait staff to clean off a table for them. There were, of course, PLENTY of other tables that would have accomodated them nicely, but they wanted THAT ONE!!! The wait lady was already overburdened, but naturally that didn't matter to the table demanders. We've all seen this before, but the really bad part was that they stood there awaiting the table cleaning while blocking other people from returning from the buffet to their own table. That's right, they saw they were in the way, saw people with plates full of food standing, waiting to get to their table, but that didn't matter - they weren't moving until their table was ready. Screw you and your needs, our selfish demand comes first!
    I simply don't know what's wrong with some people...
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

I would have said "EXCUSE ME!" in a loud voice and pushed right through them. Yeah, I kinda lost my ability to give a crap what people like that think.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm really surprised they didn't end up wearing food from the people they were blocking. I might not have dumped a plate of mashed potatoes and gravy on them, but I sure as hell would have given them my usual "3 Strikes" treatment: one polite "excuse me," one not-quite-so-polite "excuse me," then a final, very loud "MOVE!" right in their ears.

The last usually works when they realize everyone is looking at them. Note, I *did* say usually.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        I would have said "EXCUSE ME!" in a loud voice and pushed right through them. Yeah, I kinda lost my ability to give a crap what people like that think.
        I have my "Three Times" rule . . . which goes like this:

1st time = "Excuse me, please."

2nd time = "Excuse me, please."

3rd time = "EXCUSE ME!!!!" (bonus points for barking like good ol' R. Lee Ermey) as I move past, smile and say "Thank You" in my sickingly sweet voice.

Surprisingly so far, I've not had to ask a 4th time . . .
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

There's always the Lady-like, "Move yer bloomin' arse!" ...

Eliza Doolittle style...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            There's always the Lady-like, "Move yer bloomin' arse!" ...

Eliza Doolittle style...
            I like that.

Comment

I'll just leave this here (ignore the titlecard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgSwndYWSGk
              How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Great - Now i have to put that in favorites.

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                  I'll just leave this here (ignore the titlecard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgSwndYWSGk
                  Cute but the shrill "Excuse Me" doesn't seem to work as well in these parts as the deeper, booming "EXCUSE ME!!" bark.

Try doing this on a noisy front end in a grocery store. Lost count of how many times I've seen everything come to a screeching halt and people literally JUMP and nearly hit their heads on the ceiling.

I get EVERYBODY's attention then.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

*Sits down at the table the idiots were waiting on*

Oh, were you waiting on this table? Sorry, I'm still here, using it.
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                      *Sits down at the table the idiots were waiting on*

Oh, were you waiting on this table? Sorry, I'm still here, using it.

*sniff* This... This is just beautiful! I will so have to remember this!
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Are people like this just oblivious to their surroundings, or do they truly think they're more important than anybody else?

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                        ...but I sure as hell would have given them my usual "3 Strikes" treatment: one polite "excuse me," one not-quite-so-polite "excuse me," then a final, very loud "MOVE!" right in their ears.
                        Yep. This is what I've had to start doing at the grocery store. The aisle is wide enough for two carts to pass comfortably, or three if the two on the sides squeeze up really close to the shelves, but people will stop mid-aisle and turn their carts crossways while they browse. Or somebody holds a grocery-party and bring the whole extended family along, with one cart for food and two carts for kids, all piled up together.

Nobody's apologized yet, but they usually get out of the way when I get loud.
                        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                        - IPF

Comment

In some ways, my father was an SC, lol. Double amputee(legs, one above the knee, one below), so he had his own power wheelchair. Highly customized, by the time we were done with it, hehe.

One of the things we had added was an airhorn. Eco-Blast refillable(use a bike pump to fill the horn's air tank), little sucker put out 115dB. Shoulda seen people jump at the grocery store.

Dad had basically a 4 stage warning process. Excuse me, Excuse me, the pronto's built in "BleeeeeP" horn, then he'd trigger the airhorn. Seen people leave the floor they startled so hard, as well as the startle, hands go up, including whatever in them, sometimes w item going flying. Best one ever was the lady that wound up throwing a loaf of bread three aisles over.

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post

Dad had basically a 4 stage warning process. Excuse me, Excuse me, the pronto's built in "BleeeeeP" horn, then he'd trigger the airhorn. Seen people leave the floor they startled so hard, as well as the startle, hands go up, including whatever in them, sometimes w item going flying. Best one ever was the lady that wound up throwing a loaf of bread three aisles over.
                            I know of someone who uses a power chair would might like one of those for when she goes shopping at Wally . . .I wonder where I could find one of those.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                              Are people like this just oblivious to their surroundings, or do they truly think they're more important than anybody else?
                              Dogbert ethics: "You're not me, therefore you're irrelevant."

Comment

Working...
                              X