X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Professional" Photography

Use ALL the sepia tones!!

MOD NOTE - Photo resized out of courtesy to others. Click on photo to enlarge
    Last edited by Ree; 05-10-2014, 07:34 AM. Reason: Resized photo
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

I dunno, I kinda missed that and went straight to the People of Walmart specimen in the green tank top and exposed bra strap.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've become so inured to the sight of such wardrobe failures that I didn't even notice her.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I guess I am too, because I saw the price for the styrofoam ice chest and then the photos. Never noticed the specimen at all... huh.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

In my old hometown (small, rural area) anyone with a camera costing over $300 bucks is automatically a "professional" photographer, complete with a Facebook fan page.

Comment

Yikes.

It's people like that that force me to work retail and photography...

Comment

Quoth Coconut View Post
              In my old hometown (small, rural area) anyone with a camera costing over $300 bucks is automatically a "professional" photographer, complete with a Facebook fan page.
              Fuck, anybody with an iPhone would be a "professional" photographer in your town.

The cameras on cell phones these days are pretty damn sharp. I've pretty much stopped using my digital camera and now take pictures mostly with my phone.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My digital camera is so old it runs on four AA batteries, saves photos to a 4MB SmartMedia card, and its data cable had a 9-pin SERIAL connection.

Also, one of its contemporaries was the Sony Mavica--which was super-expensive and cool because it saved to actual 3.5" floppies.

So yeah. It doesn't see much use these days. Though it's still around, and presumably would work if I put batteries on it. The thing's fairly well built, which I considered an advantage over the emerging tiny cameras that looked hard to use and easy to drop/break due to their size.
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                  Also, one of its contemporaries was the Sony Mavica--which was super-expensive and cool because it saved to actual 3.5" floppies.
                  I've got one of those. Last I checked, it still worked.
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                    My digital camera is so old it runs on four AA batteries, saves photos to a 4MB SmartMedia card, and its data cable had a 9-pin SERIAL connection.

So yeah. It doesn't see much use these days. Though it's still around, and presumably would work if I put batteries on it. The thing's fairly well built, which I considered an advantage over the emerging tiny cameras that looked hard to use and easy to drop/break due to their size.
                    My old HP SmartCamera's pretty old by today's standards too. 4 AA batteries (and they don't last very long - it's a power hog) and has a USB type sync cable with the A style mini connector (on the camera end.)

She still works though. And the funny part is I only paid $25 for it at a yard sale over 10 years ago. Just had to order the sync cable, case and AC adaptor (which I spent maybe $20 on eBay for everything) and I was all set.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Ya know -- one camera type I'd really love to pick up once they either start making better ones/come down in price would be the modern Polaroids. They actually make digital Instamatics now, including one designed to look like the old-school ones. I wanna say they're in the $170-200 range, but the MP and zoom aren't quite up to snuff yet. I kinda hope they catch on

For those too young to remember, they used to make cameras that print the photos out (with a border, as touching the image before it's dry will ruin it) within a few seconds of taking the pic. Then you detach it and wave the pic in the air for a couple minutes as the image appears...hence the song lyric, "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" ... The modern ones support SD cards and let you take pics as normal and then choose which to print, add borders and SFX, etc. Around 40 cents US per print.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Image and print quality on the digital ones is pretty crap though (pixel count means precisely zero these days)

I do have a Kodak DC215 somewhere here, so advanced it has "MEGAPIXEL" print across the front. That's right, a one megapixel camera. Also has no live view (only an optical viewfinder)

Compared to my current workhorse (20mp Canon 6D/Tamron 24-70 2.8) it's a little lacking

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

For those too young to remember, they used to make cameras that print the photos out (with a border, as touching the image before it's dry will ruin it) within a few seconds of taking the pic. Then you detach it and wave the pic in the air for a couple minutes as the image appears...hence the song lyric, "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" ... The modern ones support SD cards and let you take pics as normal and then choose which to print, add borders and SFX, etc. Around 40 cents US per print.
                          Sounds like one of the late 60's/early 70's Land Cameras like this one:

http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/167/1...-210-72dee.jpg

My parents had one of these when I was a wee one . . . wish I knew what happened to it but I still have my One Step CoolCam that was a graduation present.

600 Film can be had still . . . check out The Impossible Project
                          Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 05-12-2014, 12:04 AM.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

They also do a pretty cool. ( yet expensive) printer for the iPhone... Basically exposes the film from what's on the iPhone screen - manually (you have to pull a cover out, then push it back in when the exposure is done)

Kinda fun, but when when all it is is a planet box to hold the film and phone, $400 is a bit much to ask

Personally I'd prefer one of the Canon Selphy wifi printers - can actually use those in a semi-professional environment...

Comment

Working...
                            X