This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Wheels Scam

I was once talking to a rep for a well-known aftermarket wheel company. They sold mag wheels, which, when damaged, tend to break instead of bending, like steel wheels. They got lots of claims of the mag wheels breaking and causing accidents. Usually they just paid off the claims as it was cheaper than fighting them in court. Until one day.

A bunch of doped up kids were speeding around in their mag wheel equipped car. Witnesses saw them driving recklessly and so on. They missed a curve and wrapped the car around a tree. A while later a claim was filed blaming the failed mag wheels for the accident, with photos of the broken wheels of course.

However, the aftermarket wheel company had obtained photos of the car just after the accident, which showed all four mag wheels intact. They decided not to pay off on this one and went to court. Unfortunately, I never heard the outcome, but I would have loved to have been there.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Wait... broken wheels? They claimed that multiple wheels failed at once?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Ahhhh....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *cough* that is all.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
      X