This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B**** yells at another student

I was at my colleges testing center, taking the final. The place was packed with other students, all typing very noisily. Couldn't they get keyboards that don't make that much noise? :/

Well anyway, everybody was very tense and to makes matters worse, a B**** came up to one of the other students and demanded that she leave.

B: I was here first!
    S: there was no one here when I got here.
    B: I went to the the bathroom, and when I came back, you were there! My essay was up there, I need to finish it!
    Another student: Shh!
    B: *ignores* so get up and let me get to my essay!
    S: I don't know what you're talking about, when I got here the screen had nothing on it--
    B: I was there two seconds ago! I'm not arguing with you !
    Another student: hey, shut up! We're trying to take our test!
    B: *ignores him too* I'm complaining to the lab person!

She marched off and didn't come back. What a bozo. I hope they kicked her out and she flunked her test! :P they way she spoke AT her....it'd make an sc blush!
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 05-13-2014, 12:20 PM.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Had that in one of my audio classes at tafe. A certain dysfunctional person came late to a class to find someone doing a test in "his" seat (aka the seat he would normally take)

Class was all silent, working away

"N you're in my seat"
    "I'm doing a test"
    "You're in my seat. Move"

situation escalated from there... guy was a total dick - ended up having an entire class petition to have him removed, he was expelled after the first year, and tried to take things further... He only did the work he wanted to do, and wouldn't listen in lessons...

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
      ended up having an entire class petition to have him removed, he was expelled after the first year
      Wow, did the petition actually work, or was it everything else?
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

combination of everything else really... almost failed several tasks as he was part of my workgroup....

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
          Had that in one of my audio classes at tafe. A certain dysfunctional person came late to a class to find someone doing a test in "his" seat (aka the seat he would normally take)

Class was all silent, working away

"N you're in my seat"
          "I'm doing a test"

situation escalated from there... guy was a total dick - ended up having an entire class petition to have him removed, he was expelled after the first year, and tried to take things further... He only did the work he wanted to do, and wouldn't listen in lessons...
          The instructor should have intervened and told the student to leave the class.

In my class, you show up late, you don't test. Period. You take a make up in the testing center later.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Sometimes it isn't the keyboard, it's the typist. I took piano for 10 years and learned to type on a manual typewriter. As a result, I have very heavy keystrokes. I've lost count of how many times people ask me why I'm mad when they hear me typing. Can't help it, not gonna change it.

Quoth prjkt View Post
            "N you're in my seat"
            "I'm doing a test"
            Ok, Sheldon.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Buckling spring keyboards make a *click* noise with each press. It's to provide feedback. You know that if you heard the click, the key is pressed and it's not unpressed until you hear the click a second time. Also, the way they work makes them last at least 5 times longer than any other type of keyboard.

EDIT: I really want one too, but the one I have is for XT/AT motherboards, not USB or PS/2, so I can't use it. There's no XT to USB converter.
              Last edited by Silent-Hunter; 05-22-2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                Ok, Sheldon.
                Thing is, he's not a genius, or even they bright. Just thinks he is.
                I'll have to post the whole story soon.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                  Thing is, he's not a genius, or even they bright. Just thinks he is.
                  I'll have to post the whole story soon.
                  I always thought Sheldon was smart, just in very, very specialized areas. But yes, he had no concept of the fact that his high IQ meant he didn't know everything.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                    Buckling spring keyboards make a *click* noise with each press.
                    I really want one too, but the one I have is for XT/AT motherboards, not USB or PS/2, so I can't use it. There's no XT to USB converter.
                    There are companies out there that make and/or convert these nowadays, actually. Even NewEgg carries a small selection, last I checked. At least some convert old interfaces to USB (tho I dunno if an actual adapter exists per se -- they just cut off the old one and wire it for USB instead). I love those old clacky keyboards, too.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                      EDIT: I really want one too, but the one I have is for XT/AT motherboards, not USB or PS/2, so I can't use it. There's no XT to USB converter.
                      Last year I asked about model M keyboards, and someone posted a link to this site that sells brand-new model M keyboards (available with either PS/2 or USB interface). One accessory they sell is a detachable cable for USB (don't know if this has all the "goodies" to convert to a USB keyboard if you replace the detachable cable on an existing keyboard with a 5 pin DIN interface). I know that at one point (might not be available any more) DIN to PS/2 adapters were fairly common. There were 2 types - a solid unit, and one with a cable around 4 inches long between the plug and socket. The cable type is the one to get (if you can find it) - the solid unit was (naturally) the diameter of the DIN connector, and would foul the adjacent PS/2 mouse port (cable type put the big socket far enough away to not be a problem).
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I was supervising exams one year when I worked at the Uni. In the middle of the exam someone decided to fill the Coke machine just outside the exam room. Filling this machine required the can to bounce off a whole heap of hinged metal flaps until it hit the bottom. The noise was a load annoying clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk and then bang as it hit the bottom. All the students looked at me with a panic looked, so I went out to stop them. That required a ten minute argument with the filler over what the students wanted more; cold coke or a quiet exam room. I was getting nowhere with the filler when one of the higher ups in the Uni took over. The argument was won in our favor and the filler stormed off.

Another of the exam rooms was next to the outdoor eating area of the student cafe. There was another noise problem and I informed the high ups about the noise. The cafe didn't put there tables out for the rest of the exam week and people bitched and moaned about how unfair it was. The student's doing the exam's appreciated the quiet.

Comment

Working...
                        X