This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Sucky, But Weird

Around Halloween a few years ago, a bunch of us ( both guys and gals ) celebrated a gal friend's birthday by restaurant, bar, and club hopping all over West L.A. First was a hearty seafood dinner at a place called Killer Shrimp in Marina Del Rey. From there, we jaunted all over Santa Monica. There was drinks and karaoke at a place called The Gaslight, dancing and more drinks at a hip, upscale, Meditteranean-themed club called Zanzibar, and finally a short hop to a classic British pub called Ye Olde Kings Head, just steps from the beach. Pleasantly tired and also famished, we capped off our night by a visit to the Norms restaurant on Lincoln Bl. for a second dinner / early breakfast. By this time it was after 2AM.

As we dug into our appetizers, we caught an odd sight out the window. A very attractive and rather distressed looking young woman was just standing out there shivering in the cold and dimly lit parking lot, looking out anxiously towards the street. All throughout dinner and desert, she continued her lonely vigil. She didn't look like she was under the influence of anything, she didn't look like she was "working", she didn't look crazy, and she definitely didn't look homeless. She was wearing designer jeans, an expensive-looking leather jacket, and Ugg boots, her long blonde hair tied back in a ponytail. She looked like the girl next door, standing aimlessly in Norm's parking lot at almost 3AM.

After "dreakfast", we stood in the parking lot yukking it up for several minutes while this blonde gal was STILL standing there. She looked frightened, confused, and slightly sad. She didn't seem to be scared of us, though. We all took turns asking her if she was okay. Each time she responded with a weak smile and a small, timid voice that she was indeed okay and "thank you". Finally the birthday girl asked Blondie if she was hungry or needed someone to call the cops. Same response. Finally, we all jumped in our vehicles and left. Blondie watched us leave and then continued to stare down the street in the opposite direction- waiting for who, or for what, I don't know.
    Last edited by GreaseMonkey; 05-15-2014, 02:15 AM.

I think I would have called a non-emergency police number and let them know. Just in case. I'd have to guess she was waiting for a ride from someone she knew, but probably not under the best of circumstances (left home, was kicked out, etc.). Other than that, there wasn't much you could do.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

errr not to be my usually dark and evil self.... but she could have been attacked/raped/something bad happened.... and was in shock.... this is the kind of situation where calling a non emergency line even if she is ok but you never know. she could have been slipped or willing taken something that put her in a stuper.

Comment

Working...
      X