Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cashier b*tches while coworker tried to save a life!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
    How much do standard first aid courses tell you about epilepsy, if the lady's seizure was epileptic?
    It depends on whether the FA has an Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) or First Aid at Work (FAW) (1 and 3 days respectively). While an EFAW does touch on seizures, as they're only there for a day it won't be much.

Additionally as the cert lasts for 3 years, at 2 years and 10 months that 1 day won't stick about in the memory all that much.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

For another, they should make sure that the employees know basic information like the store's address if they have to call 911 to report an emergency.
      This is about the only one I can forgive... given that the employees at least know enough to get first responders there (to be honest, I have absolutely no idea what the address is at the c-store where I work... I also know with 100% certainty that I will never need it because we are at the intersection of two fairly major roads that I can guarantee that any 911 operator would recognize)... that does not seem to be the case here though.
      What I would hold against the managers though is that the employees didn't immediately call 911. Day 1 training I've had at most places is, when in doubt, it is better to err on the side of calling 911 than not (obviously there is a limit to that, you don't want to sink to the level of the woman calling 911 over chicken nuggets, but the police would much rather respond to a suspicious person call who turns out to be a guy waiting for a ride than respond to a robbery where an employee was shot, likewise, paramedics would much rather respond to a false alarm that turned out to just be a bout of dizziness rather than a seizure than get there too late and have to wait for a coroner).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X