Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You told the customer they could pick out a new computer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You told the customer they could pick out a new computer?

apparently one of the other workers told someone they could pick out a new computer because theirs was too expensive to fix.

That's nice. I mean we DO that sometimes... if it's authorized.
    The problem is... SHE DOES NOT WORK IN MY DEPARTMENT.

So she didn't see the notes in our system on the computer... the notes that specifically said their damage was NOT covered by the warranty. Our warranty would have worked if she'd just dropped the computer... but it doesn't cover damage resulting from car crashes.

So um thanks for giving out the wrong information for a department you don't work for. I love working with pissed off customers. Really.

I feel really bad for you. But...My morbid curiosity wants to know how this ends-up playing-out. I think the employee who gave the wrong information for the wrong department should be made to face the customer and explain that SHE made a mistake.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I wonder if the CW actually added 'if it's covered by warranty' and the customer convienently dropped that part of the statement?

Comment

No. If the customer spoke to the woman I think she did... she really doesn't have anything to do with the computers. So if she did say that to the customer she said it without authorization... and without even seeing the status notes.

There is an update however. They called back today asking why the head manager hadn't called them yet (he wasn't in yet actually). But, really it's not like he was going to tell them something different... or rather different than what he'd told them the night before. (yeah I'm not sure they realized the manager I got for them last night WAS the head manager...)

I think they were still trying to push their case but I don't think it went through. I think they ended up buying a new computer.

Although if he did change his mind and let the warranty cover the damage anyway... in all honesty that's fine with me. I'd rather be able to send someone away happy - when I can.
        Last edited by PepperElf; 07-20-2011, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X