This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Support line

I used to work for a major bank in the incoming calls section, basically taking anything that comes through and dealing with it if possible, if not shunting them to the department that can. This meant you got some weird and wonderful customers, but the ones that always got me went something like this:

Customer: Why have I been charged a late payment charge?

Me: Just let me check the payment history... ah yes, you paid the card off three days late, hence the charge.

Customer: But I paid it in full!

Cue ten minute discussion about the meaning of the words 'Late payment charge'. Seriously, is it that hard to grasp? After the customer finished ranting, I'd generally refund the charge cos it was their first one, but the language breakdown never ceased to amaze me. Anyone else got similar stuff?

Dragonlover
    You have no idea how many ponchos can fit in a box- Me, after may first day at the warehouse

I'd say in my line of work "Network Cable Unplugged" is along the same lines. Though Windows will report that when they unplug the cablemodem or router from power and the computer no longer can communicate with it. But I have people who call in, their modem is online, and they fail to grasp the concept of a cable being unplugged. Thus they call me and I tell them to do what their brain should have done.

Also, the customers who have cable tv, internet, and phone through us, then they call in on the date we cut off tv and internet. They'll read the mailed letter that states phone won't be cut off till x number of days. Thats where I make them read it over and over, and ask to make sure it doesn't mention tv or internet. Same customers who are habitually behind on their payment. It takes 53 days of having a past due balance to get shut off, and thats from our end, we haven't even sent a tech out to physically cut you off yet.

Comment

Working...
    X