Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adventure Time with cindybubbles and Cake!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventure Time with cindybubbles and Cake!

My birthday is tomorrow, but I celebrated it with my friends yesterday.

The original plan was this: I told my friend A that I wanted us to go see Guardians of the Galaxy at a local movie theatre near where my friend P works. She works at The Store Formerly Known As Loblaws (to be known as TSFKAL, and this is important!).

Two days before the celebration, A asked me to change the plans and move the celebration to a restaurant. Ok, I said, as long as there is cake.

Too late to arrange for a cake, A said, but I thought he said that it was too late to arrange for a reservation. Once the misunderstanding was cleared, A said that he would try to arrange for a cake at this late date.

On Friday, to try to smooth things over, I offered to try to make reservations at the restaurant and buy my own birthday cake, and A readily accepted. Reservations failed to appear because the restaurant wasn't taking them due to the company running a certain 2 can dine promotion, but it was still on me to buy my birthday cake.

Fast forward to yesterday. I arrived via public transit at a local mall, hoping to get a cake from the Mart of Wal. Problem is, they were renovating, so there were only freezer cake, like Sara Lee and McCain's Deep 'N Delicious. Knowing that my friends were big eaters, this would not do. So it was off to TSFKAL.

Things went smoothly there. I got a huge half-slab black forest cake and some candles. Balancing the cake on my arms seemed easy-peasy, but then I got lost after I left TSFKAL, trying to find the restaurant.

So there I was, wandering around the mall and the parking lot like a fool, slipping on stuff but not tripping, carrying a heavy sheet cake in my arms, not wanting it to be spoiled, all while trying to find the restaurant. A calls and asks me if I knew where the restaurant was. I didn't but was foolishly trying to use my maps app to find the way.

That's when P called, I didn't want to bother her, but she ended up saving my day!

She picked me up and carried the cake the rest of the way to the restaurant! Don't worry; she knew where to go!

And the kicker, is this:

P: Where did you get it?
    Me: At your work!
    P: My work? You should have told me! I could have gotten you my discount!

And now I give you this song from Adventure Time:

Adventure Time!
    C'mon grab your friends,
    We'll go to very distant lands.
    With Cake the cake and cindybubbles the Human,
    The fun will never end, it's Adventure Time!
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Anyone else had any cake-related adventures?
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

When the daughter of some friends of my parents got married, she asked my mother to make her wedding cake, My mother said she would be delighted. Then she found out that the wedding would take place in France. She'd transported cakes over some distances before, but never involving aeroplane journeys.

Did it get there OK? Yes it did, and the wedding was absolutely awesome. It took place in a castle, so my mother can truly say that she has taken a gateau to a chateau.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

So glad the cake wasn't a lie.
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
        X