This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You See. There Was a Spider and ..."

It seems like some people will go to extremes when they see a spider. Ranker has a list of people who almost killed themselves when they saw a spider.

The guy with the brass knuckles was funny.

I was inspired by LadyofArc's post.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

And then there's me, who saw a spider descending from the ceiling in the corridor at work, and held out my hand so that the spider could land upon it. Whereupon I walked outside and set it free on the leaves of a bush. They don't half tickle.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

My kid is very arachnophobic which can be fun at times. I usually capture spiders on a piece of paper then drop them outside in my rose bushes if I'm at home or on the juniper bush if I'm at work.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I often call my youngest sister's youngest son the spider killer as his parents and older siblings run screaming from spiders.
        Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
          I often call my youngest sister's youngest son the spider killer as his parents and older siblings run screaming from spiders.
          Hopefully, he doesn't use brass knuckles.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

See, I can understand the jump scare, so the car crashes at least make sense to me. If it's real, you can't stop a knee jerk reaction. I've been in the car when someone had just such a reaction to a bee that flew in the open window. She just threw her hands in the air, shut her eyes and screamed. We were all fine but it was pretty scary.

But all the fire related stories? Come on! Those were calculated. The people had to go get aerosol cans and lighters. They had the presence of mind to create a blowtorch, yet somehow didn't think "oh, maybe my house will catch on fire." Either insurance fraud or Darwin Award in the making.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Well, we've had stories (at least once a year locally) of people using makeshift aerosol blowtorches to heat pipe, with the usual results.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

At my bookstore, we regularly get spiders in boxes of books (at least some of the boxes are clearly coming out of figurative attics. Today we had a teeny tiny one, which as usual I tossed outside.

Unfortunately, it was far too small to deal with the small silverfish that showed up a few books later (maybe the next box, I forget). That got tossed out and then stomped. (Silverfish are a menace to a bookstore!) As it happened, it was on a book on paleontology, so my comment was to the effect of "prehistoric menace destroyed!"

Comment

One of my youngest son's chores is to keep the wood rack filled with fire wood. There's spiders in the wood pile, he wears long sleeves and gloves JIC. Beyond "scientific" purposes he doesn't care for spiders.
                  As a kid when hunting I didn't care for getting webs in my face. I also didn't care for those keen little branch tips that flip back and whip you on your cold ears and face.
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                  X