This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing

I'm getting tired of the mental constipation (sorry for the metaphor there) that seems to keep me from just sitting down and writing....well, anything! I never write well when I have the time or when I have no reason to write.

So, what can be done? Are there others who feel this way?
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

One of the best things is to schedule a time every day to sit down and write SOMETHING. It can be the most dog-awful drivel, it doesn't matter. Write SOMETHING. Every day, at the same time every day. It isn't easy, not by a long, long shot, but the things that wind up really being worthwhile are seldom easy.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I think I need something to do.

Hmm....
      Well, would anyone be interested in a round-robin story? One person writes a paragraph (or page) then passes it to the next.

Comment

Count me in
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I'd love to do that, I haven't done that in a VERY long time.

I always try and right late at night, usually between 10 pm and midnight, when everyone else is asleep. Plus it helps to have some music to listen to.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Count me in, too. I need something new to focus on
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Hmmm....yesh, me too, also!

I'm in a sort of in-between spell right now, working on a plot for a new thing and re-writing an old thing.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When in a brain bind
                I try something off the wall
                Maybe some haiku?
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Sounds like SOMEONE needs to sign up for NaNoWriMo.

nanowrimo.org
                  My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                    Well, would anyone be interested in a round-robin story? One person writes a paragraph (or page) then passes it to the next.
                    That could be fun .

Just set it up in Off-Topic as a "writing game" or something (put that in the Subject) when you're ready - As usual, if it caches on, we'll move it Forum Games later. (Literary doesn't allow Replies, so it won't work for this)
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I sign up for Nanowrimo every year. I just don't get very far.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                        When in a brain bind
                        I try something off the wall
                        Maybe some haiku?
                        Good haiku ;o)- I mean, well structured

Comment

Scribbles on paper
                          No-one can read my writing
                          It's all chicken scratch

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Words run from my brain,
                            Void replaces my story,
                            My head meets the desk.

Comment

Linkage to the story-writing thread

gratuitous edit:

The thread is now live --
                              Writers, please show us your chops!
                              Go sign up now...Dood.

haiku
                              Last edited by EricKei; 09-11-2014, 02:51 AM. Reason: Doomy doomy doom

Comment

Working...
                              X