This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Assignment help...

So I'm a business Marketing/Management major working on my BA...

My "intro to marketing" class which I somehow managed to squeak into (its a junior level class I'm BARELY a sophmore) has a group project on a marketing style from a chapter in our book.

I (and 5 others), have been selected to work on a Coke marketing scenario.

WITHOUT going into fratching, anyone want to chime in and put thier in?

Could be anything from the evolution of the bottle, to the progressive widening of the mouth of the cans, to the oasis of the gods known as the FreeStyle.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Or the ubiquitous branding, or the competition for shelf space with Pepsi.

Comment

Take a lesson on what not to do from New Coke?
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

This may sound silly...

but since everyone calls this carbonated beverage different slang terms...

I am directly refering to the Company Coca-Cola.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Im going with the history of Coke. How coke has evolved (the bottles to cans, the different looks) through the years? Im a history freak and even the history of coke would catch my eye on the TV. Maybe even mentioning that it used to be treated as a health tonic. Im guessing they wouldnt want you to mention that it may have been made with cocaine at first? Lol .

I have to say, their "Share a Coke" campaign with the names was a genius way to sell.

Comment

Chiming in:

Do you know why fire trucks, stop signs, a lot of sports cars, etc are RED?

Because it grabs your attention!

The Coca-Cola can is red. That's on purpose. Look at the colors of the other carbonated beverage cans in your grocery store. Red ones "stand out". Why? Because they're red.

Drink Coca-Cola. Stand out.

Or something like that.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

While this may not be enough for a full paper, you could get a "filler" paragraph or two out of things like...

- Which areas use what sweeteners (sugar vs HFCS vs whatever), when such transitions were made -- e.g., allegedly, the change from sugar to HFCS was made in the US when New Coke was introduced. Note, too, that NC was still available for years after that marketing debacle, iirc

- How Coke is marketed in different areas/their market saturation (VERY heavy in the US Deep South)

- How people in different areas prefer their Coke, and how that may affect sales (e.g. -- AFAIK, many Europeans prefer to drink sodas warm/without ice; warm Coke tastes quite different from cold Coke, even assuming no loss in carbonation)

- Cost of Coke to consumers by the ounce in different forms - e.g., cans, plastic bottles of varying sizes, glass bottles (longnecks and short ones), fountains - -along with the store/restaurant's actual cost on them (fountain drinks are disgustingly cheap, but places such as pizza joints that have contracts with Coke (or other drink makers) often pay retail prices (or close to it) for cans/bottles)
              Last edited by EricKei; 09-13-2014, 06:16 PM.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Also, adding to what EricKei said, maybe what flavors of Coke are available in different geographical regions.
                In Australia I have seen the launch of vanilla, lemon, lime and cherry coke flavors, but I think from memory from what I have read on the net that America has a lot more coke flavors than are available over here (I think)

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  Im guessing they wouldnt want you to mention that it may have been made with cocaine at first?
                  Not "may have been." Was. Definitive historical fact. And while it did not have a lot in its, and the amount continued to be reduced until it was down to infinitesimal levels before it was eliminated completely, that final elimination did not occur until 1929.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester's right. Many sodas began life as snake-oil/medicinal "tonics" -- Pepsi, for example, originally contained pepsin (a digestive enzyme) and kola nuts...hence the name They were, to an extent, marketed as health aids; hell, Coke used to be "The Pause That Refreshes" in their ads, with the overt implication that a caffeinated drink relieved thirst much like water.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth Shannarah View Post
                      Also, adding to what EricKei said, maybe what flavors of Coke are available in different geographical regions.
                      In Australia I have seen the launch of vanilla, lemon, lime and cherry coke flavors, but I think from memory from what I have read on the net that America has a lot more coke flavors than are available over here (I think)
                      There's a pineapple Fanta that's available in certain areas.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

America's Great National Pastime - The Byrds

Shoulda been the commercial.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Since somebody mentioned Fanta, I should probably point out its original purpose - as a feminine hygiene product.

Yeah.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            - Which areas use what sweeteners (sugar vs HFCS vs whatever), when such transitions were made -- e.g., allegedly, the change from sugar to HFCS was made in the US when New Coke was introduced. Note, too, that NC was still available for years after that marketing debacle, iirc
                            Note that the sugar vs. HFCS isn't merely on a geographic basis - around here, Coke is made with HFCS, but "real sugar" Coke is available on a seasonal basis (even though it's allowed for ordinary, day-to-day Kosher, HFCS doesn't meet standards for the "heavy-duty" Passover Kosher, so "Kosher for Passover" Coke is made with real sugar instead of HFCS).
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Exactly why I think it could be an interesting thing to include -- because it's not universal.

Comment

Working...
                              X