X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And they keep on trying...

Here is an excerpt from an email I received purporting to be from PayPal:

Thanks for joining PayPal.

Was discovered that the account did not pass on the stage of the update has been sent following message from paypal customers request re-update your account information before it is suspended. Updated for 10 days before the passage of time to send the message

Ignoring the fact that I signed up for PayPal years ago....This looks like someone just ran their scam attempt through Google Translate or something...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Was that word salad supposed to be in English? (giggle)

Truly pathetic.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

All your money are belong to you. *Laughs weakly a his crude attempt at humor the walks away*
      ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

That was almost as intelligible as the hashbuster text some spammers will append to their missives...
        "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

....hashbuster...?
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I believe it's a reference to a block of irrelevant (to the product being advertised) text so that the mail will return a different hash from the "bare" one, causing it to not be detected as "Hormel's tinned pork product". I've encountered a few - in some cases, when I was searching for obscure technical information, the first screen of "hits" I found were where a paragraph related to what I was looking for (but without the full details) was used as a hashbuster.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

This explains why random spam gets in my inbox...
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
              X