This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gluten-free bread advice

OK folks, this is in no way relating to me, this is partially work-related, but it makes more sense to shove it in here.

Basically at work, we have gone gluten and dairy-free to a point. We have quite a number of kids who are gluten-free by choice (and 2 who have a behavioural reaction to gluten-I've seen one of them after he's had gluten...hoo boy) and a number of kids who are allergic to dairy. We have gluten-free bread, but we've since discovered that it contains egg (which a few of our kids are ALSO allergic to -_-). Anyone know of a good brand that is gluten-free, dairy-free and egg free?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Quoth fireheart View Post
    Anyone know of a good brand that is gluten-free, dairy-free and egg free?
    Unfortunately, gluten-free bread tends to have the consistency of a brick, from what I've found. Crackers (crisps?) are another matter. I've found some very nice ones made with lentils, unusual grains, and similar. I remember you're in Australia, so I don't know what can be shipped over there, but you might want to check out these websites:

http://www.mediterraneansnackfoods.com/

http://www.vansfoods.com/
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I was going to recommend Rudi's and Udi's, but I just realized that both contain egg whites

Comment

My kiddo has dairy and egg allergies. Even without a gluten restriction, we pretty much give up and always bake our own bread because nearly every commercial bread available to us has either milk or egg in it.

(The exception are the store-brand hot dog and hamburger buns which are safe, go figure, but also no help to you since they are not gluten-free).

Comment

The burgen, country life and helga's loafs at woolworths and coles are ok but I'm not sure about their dairy/egg status. Pretty sure Coles did another brand as well but I can't remember the name
          You may want to check out "B-Free" brand wraps too, they're not too bad.
          Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Working...
          X