X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actress Rose Marie dies

Rose Marie: Dick Van Dyke Show star dies at 94

I remember seeing her on the Dick Van Dyke show. She was funny.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

When I saw the news, I told The Wife, that I don't think she got the credit she deserved on Dick Van Dyke. Surrounded by stars like Dick and Mary and the creative genius of Rob Reiner, it is hard to stand out. But when you stop and think about it, she, and Morrie for that matter, were an integral part of that team. Not just anyone could pull that off.

I guess this means that God needed to be cheered up.

Rest in peace.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I remember her. She was great. And csquared, I think you are right. She and Morrie were definitely fundamental to the show.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        Surrounded by stars like Dick and Mary and the creative genius of Rob Reiner, it is hard to stand out.
        It was Carl Reiner.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
          It was Carl Reiner.
          Oops.

Thanks for the correction.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

May she rest in peace. v_v
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X