This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ForestDragon View Post
    Mister Shyguy himself hopped up onto the back of the recliner she was sitting in... Finally, he crossed the Rubicon and settled himself onto her lap for the duration and began to purr. He had never done that before with anyone who wasn't family...
    My brother has a cat like this. She's a Siamese who was horribly abused as a kitten and the only human she can tolerate is my brother. The frightening thing is, she LOVES me. I just spent most of the weekend with Zoe on my lap, purring up a storm. If she decided I wasn't petting her enough, she would head-butt my hand or arm.

My entire family becomes speechless, literally, honest to God, 100% speechless every time this happens.

I have permission to bring her home at any time, but I'm afraid of what she'd do to Rooks.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I laughed (borderline hysterically) as I read that. I felt bad, too, until the last line. What a moron!
      "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
      -FSTDT

Comment

I do so hate to admit it but I was cracking up over the mental image of the story big time! My dear friend works at a vet clinic and has told me such wonderful stories like this. It just amuses me to no end.

Hattie (who knows she is named for royality) is the biggest love and a half to me. Sweet as heck, chirps, head butts, plays fetch and loves to cuddle. Bring someone else over, especially female and their ankles are grass. She literally spits like a cobra when my other friend comes over. Her ears layback and she does this funky head wave!

Sadly, I end up having to take time off when ever we go into the vet. She's not allowed in there alone anymore as she attacks anything and everything in sight when she's dropped off. If I'm there, she's fine though. I don't get it. Gotta love cats.
        Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          .... it's the names. I (and my family) have had a lot of cats over the last 3+ decades, of all sizes, colors, and breeds. Some were born feral, others were from shelters, some moved in on their own.

<snip>

Buffy is fine for a nickname, but as a proper name for a Siamese, you'll end up with a cat that hates you. Siamese seem to be particularly sensitive to their names.

<snip>

Declawing cats is cruel and unusual and I'm glad that Europe has banned it and that most US vets refuse to do it any more.

^-.-^
          I have to disagree with the names. Your post seems to imply that I have not owned cats, on the contrary, I have owned several, and I own 4 currently. Two were adopted from a shelter, one was a stray, and the other was a cat that was abused by its owner (our former neighbor) who decided that he preferred us over them, and we inherited him. Rest assured, I've been around a lot of cats.

Buffy is the name of my grandmother's current cat, whose mother was the meanest alley cat in the neighborhood, and she's her mother in every way. The only person she responds to is my grandmother. Bridget, as I said, was the name of the Siamese, and she was a similiar situation, in that she only responded to my grandparents, she was aggressive towards anyone else. My aunt had a Himalayan that was the same, she liked only my aunt and no one else. On the flipside, my aunt has another cat that loves everybody who comes through the door. All three of them were born with that temperament, I don't think what they were named has anything to do with it.

With my cats, the tom and the stray are the type that love anybody. They'll approach anyone. The tom loves to be held, and meets me every day when I come home. My other two cats, although gentle, are afraid of everyone but my wife and I. If anyone comes into the house, it's like they never lived there, you won't see hide nor hair of them until the company leaves.

When it comes to declawing, I prefer not to do it if I can avoid it, but I have no concerns about doing so, especially with the new laser surgery option available. Both of my aunt's cats are declawed. It has not affected them in any way. You are welcome to your opinion in regards to it, but not everyone is going to hold the same opinion. I don't consider myself, or my aunt, or my grandmother, cruel monsters for having that opinion, much the same way that I don't buy into PETA's opinion that I'm a cruel murderer because I like a good steak. That's all I have to say on it.
          A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
            I have to disagree with the names. Your post seems to imply that I have not owned cats, on the contrary, I have owned several, and I own 4 currently.
            No implication intended. Merely personal background info.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My cat still has his claws. Up until I brought him home, he lived outside on my grandmother's farm. Since he'd hunt, he needed his claws to take care of moles, mice, and other annoying critters. As if that wasn't enough, he also needed them for protection against other cats, and anything that might hurt him.

Sure, it is annoying to have him scratching up the door frames, and occasionally using them on the carpet. However, some "boundary" spray keeps him away from the woodwork, and a swat on the tail, along with a stern "Bad kitty!" is enough to stop him from ruining the carpet.

I should mention that my cat was abused before I got him. That's why he's skittish around people he doesn't know. It took quite awhile for him to trust me, and know that I wasn't going to hurt him.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

If your against declawing, but don't want the cats to scrach furniture a wonderful option is SoftPaws. They are little rubber covers placed over the indivdual claws of cats, and eventualy fall off as the claws grow doing no damage to the cat.

[/shameless plug]
                I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                X