This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning CC Idiots

Ok.. Had this happen earlier... whilst working returns...
    Me: O.K. this will return $XX.xx to your visa, ending in xxxx, is that OK?
    S.C.: Yes that will be fine
    Me: Sign this Reciept please
    S.C: (looking at reciept) wait, I dont have that card anymore, its been cancelled
    me: That transaction has allready one through, you will need to talk to the CC Company
    S.C. You should have asked me before processing (uhmmm I DID!!!)
    I want a manager....
    SC proceeds to tell mgr sob story, mgr says same thing I did,nothing we can do.. SC claims I didnt ask again... even though mgr overheard everything that transpired thankfullly stood up for me. its not our fault if your CC got cancelled, but when I ask, you should tell me, at least I can issue store credit....

Okaaay. Why is it these moronic SC's always blame the store or company they made the purchase at instead of the actual credit card company? In my line of work, I deal with this almost every day, and it even goes as far as when an SC's bank denies a transaction on paying their bill on-line, or over the phone with a representative. You just want to smack them through your phone and tell them that only they can see the routing number and account number, and if it does not work, you need to check with your bank/credit card company. We do not have that information on file.

I had a lady the other day who e-mailed us a complaint about the fact that the rep she spoke with demanded her three digit security code on the back of her credit card. "This rep was rude and ugly and demanded I provide my code, which is something I know I don't have to provide to pay my bill." My nice, pleasant reply was that it is a requirement being that number one, it protects you from fraud, and number two, our systems will not accept a payment without that code. She replied back that she knows we have a way to omit that requirement (another SC who knows my job better than I do!) and that we should have a much more courteous way of taking payments. Whatever.

Comment

To make things more difficult for my company, our credit card processing service actualy will take payments without the CCV code on the back. Of course, we also pay double the service charge for any payments that go through that way.

Our old processing service was terrible. If we had a problem card, it wouldn't tell us what the problem was properly. Usually it was something between them and the credit card provider; the processor wouldn't get the authorization code that the provider sent, so the transaction would fail. But not before a hold for the amount was placed on the card. And that hold could take up to a week to go away. We got lots of irate calls over that one.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X