This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal to SC in 1.7 seconds...

Isn't amazing how quick a seamingly nice person can turn into an SC?

Me = Me
    SC = SC

Basically, a lady came in looking for a room, I had one, negotiated the rate, and we were ready to go.

We have a sign at the front desk that states we require a credit/debit card for a deposit when paying cash for a room, no cash deposits.

She read the sign, and was cool with it, as she pulled out cash and her credit card from her wallet.

SC: So how much of a deposit do you put on the card?
    ME: $100
    SC: Thats fine, I thought it would be $500 like that last place, thats a little excessive.
    ME: It seems a little high, but I guess all hotels are different.
    SC: Guess so.
    ME: Hmmm....the credit card declined.
    SC: Really? Shouldn't have, I just bought gas.
    ME: Let me try again.
    SC: Please, it should work.
    ME: It declined again.
    SC: Did it give a message?
    ME: Unfortunately no, its just a vague message.
    SC: WELL THIS IS PLAIN DISCRIMINATION!
    ME: Sorry?
    SC: WE DON'T ALL HAVE CREDIT CARDS!
    ME: But, you do.
    SC: *grabs her credit card and walks out the door*

I look out, and she gets into a newer model 3 Series BMW and speeds off. Seriously, $30k car, and I can't get her credit card to approve for $100? Priorities people, priorities.

Um...... Im sorry.... how is a vague message.... any form of discrimination.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      Um...... Im sorry.... how is a vague message.... any form of discrimination.
      it's discrimination against people who are too dumb to manage a credit card.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
        SC: WE DON'T ALL HAVE CREDIT CARDS!
        ME: But, you do.
        SC: *grabs her credit card and walks out the door*
        Maybe it wasn't actually hers!
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Comment

Quoth upsidedown_orchid View Post
          Maybe it wasn't actually hers!
          Saw the drivers license, it was hers, but maybe the car wasn't

Comment

okay i work in fraud prevention for a credit card company . The card likely is hers, but there is always the possiblity of a counterfeit card. And theres a good chance that a hold got placed on the account because she just used it at another hotel and a gas station, things that will flag as possible fraudulent activity. The vague message likely needed her to call her CC company, or the hotel to call the CC company to get a manual authorization.

Comment

Exactly how can a credit card machine discriminate against someone?

Does she think there's some little (racist, sexist, ageist, whatever) guy sitting inside the machine randomly denying people he doesn't like?

Reality check, line two.

Comment

It doesn't matter if it was discrimination or not.

Lack of a credit card is not a protected status.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post

Does she think there's some little (racist, sexist, ageist, whatever) guy sitting inside the machine randomly denying people he doesn't like?

Reality check, line two.

I think I prefer for people to start out mean. At least then, you've got some defences up and not left feeling dumbfounded.
                  Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
                  ~Oscar Wilde

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post

I want that job
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth meme View Post
                      I think I prefer for people to start out mean. At least then, you've got some defences up and not left feeling dumbfounded.
                      Same here. No high expectations to be crushed.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

If my credit card were to be denied at a hotel (or anywhere), I would stay right there and use my cell phone to call the customer service number right on the back of the card and ask them why my card had been denied, if I knew for certain it wasn't maxed out. I just don't understand people who get all huffy if their card is denied. Just call and find out why. How hard is that?

Comment

Lexus and Mercedes found out she had a BMW and decided to punish her
                          "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

Working...
                          X