Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I regret to inform you dispite how many times you say it, SPRITE ISN'T CHEESE

Woohoo we have a new, omg sooooo good, burger that when you order you choice your cheese and onions. Actually you HAVE to choice, there is no other way. There is a poster in the lobby and one at the box that explain the precedure.
    I am begining th believe we should sell them through the drive thru.

Me-
    IB- Idiot Boy

Me- Usual drive thru speal
    IB- Um yeah... I wanna... two...
    Me- What size would you like?
    IB- ..... Medium....
    Me- Ok what kind of cheese would you life?
    IB- Sprite
    Me-... I'm sorry what?
    IB- Sprite
    Me- Sir I don't think you understand, what kind of cheese would you like?
    IB- I'd like sprite.
    Me- Sir... That isn't what I'm asking...
    IB- Sprite
    Me- Sir, American, Swiss, or Chedder?
    IB- Sprite
    Me- Sir, Sprite isnt a kind of cheese. American cheese, swiss cheese, or chedder cheese.
    IB- Oh.... American
    Me- Ok... what kind of onions.
    You can see whats coming here right
    IB- Sprite
    Me- (im laughing to0 hard) Grilled Onions or Red sir?
    IB- What? Sprite!
    Me- Sir you have to pick your onions now.
    IB- oh.... Red.... man this is confusing...

Some customers are that bad... they are just stupid.

I have done that once. When it happened to me, it was because the speaker outside, was messing up. I don't know what it is like at your job, so I am just going to assume that it is the speaker.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Oh no it isnt the speakers... my voice is all but perfect on them.

Or at least ive been told, by many people, that my voice is one of tghe few that doesnt get too mubled up on the darn thing.... it isnt the speaker.
      Last edited by Sliceanddice; 06-04-2007, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Maybe the guy's hearing is as bad as mine. I can't hear worth beans over those drive through speakers.

Oh, and I'd like a Sprite with my order please.
        Retail Haiku:
        Depression sets in.
        The hellhole is calling me ~
        I don't want to go.

Comment

Fine.... BUT NO COKE!!! or ice tea... you have deserved my specially made by moi tea yet.

Comment

I'm TRYING to figure out how "what kind of cheese would you like?" sounds like "what drink would you like?" and it's not working.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I can understand . . .you have decided what you want - spoken the order and typically the next information you give is the drink you want - your mind has already moved on to the next thought that needs you attention - that has nothing to do with ordering food at the drive thru - so when asked about cheese - you know you are being asked a question but (no offense) you aren't listening to the question . . .the routine has changed and you didn't know it.
              That is how what kind of cheese or onions turns into a request for sprite.

Comment

My brain hurts!

The guy was probably on autopilot. So many customers assume a particular question is going to follow another that they just spit out answers. When you do change something, they aren't able to keep up. Situational Awareness is a virtue.
                O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

This weekend while ordering at a drive-through, the woman had this accent on the speaker and i think she had the mouthpiece too close to her mouth because everything sounded muffled. It took me 3 tries to get my order in and even then, when I got to the window, the other dude at the window was asking me what I wanted. It was a total communication breakdown.

There's a McD's here that uses a whole new system, or a different one at least. They have a little shed in the DT and there's a person in there who takes your order, face to face, and then you drive up, pay at that place, then pull forward again and get your food. It's incredibly fast.
                  Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

It would be hilarious if you asked him what he wanted to drink and he said "Pepsi".
                    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      Me- Sir, Sprite isnt a kind of cheese. American cheese, swiss cheese, or chedder cheese.
                      How many people opt for the American cheese instead of the cheddar?

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      Woohoo we have a new, omg sooooo good, burger
                      We just got a new burger, and on the sign we made to advertise it Boss actually wrote "OMG DELICIOUS!"
                      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Hey, I want an OMG Delicious burger. Where can I get one?

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't knwo why someone would pick american over chedder. I had one person saying they didnt care and told me to pick so they got swiss... cause... i like swiss.

Comment

I prefer American over swiss cheese anytime.

You want to fight about it?

*A virtual cookie for anyone who gets that reference*
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

American is great for burgers. Swiss is for when you have mushrooms on 'em. And chedder is divine for nachos.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X