Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hate it when customers say "YOU" like its your fault?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'You raised your prices!'
    'I did?'
    'Yes! it's ten p more expensive! Bring it back down now'
    'I can't do that'
    'Why not, you raised them to start with!'
    'The company that makes the product raised the price.'
    'You don't make it?'
    'I'm just paid to sell it. Do you need a bag?'
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      Yeah, but I'd nip it in the bud by constantly interupting the SC every time they said "You" by saying, politely but pointedly, "I did that?" Usually, the SC would backtrack and go "Well, no, not you specifically." The point of this was to remind them that it was not me that caused their problem and yelling at me was pointless. I was the nice person trying to SOLVE their problem.
      I have to use that!!!!!!!! I wonder if it'll work for me.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I get this when I enforce the two beer rule. Also get it for drink prices.

sc - YOUR rule(price) is ridiculous!

me- -I know, isn't it? (nodding in agreement)

sc - (shocked into silence)

me - if I made the rules, do you think I'd be stuck behind this counter? Now, would you still like that beer, or not?

I love how they come looking for an argument and are rendered speechless by my cheerful agreement.

Comment

Payback

I had a customer like that last week, everything was my fault (apparently), at the end she yelled at me "I'm never shopping here again, YOU are terrible" and stormed out. I can't even remember what she wanted in the first place. Anyway, same lovely lady came back into my store yesterday. Now I'm the first to admit I was already in a bad mood but seeing HER again really got to me. So I walked up to her and asked if she had been in last week, she had. I then reminded her that she had told me that she was never going to shop here again. This pissed her off (the whole idea!) and she told me that I was rude. I then (in a very loud voice) told her that we always respect customers wishes (not entirely untrue) and as she did not want to shop here we were not going to let her shop here. At last she shut up, it has been a long time since I saw anyone quite so red. Once again she left in a hurry, 5 minutes later I got a phone call for the duty manager (me at that moment) and this woman told me a story of a nasty sales assistant. I informed her that was me, and she hung up. I told my senior manager who apparently had also had a run in with the same customer before and has promised to back me all the way for this one.
          Sometimes this job can be fun.
          "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
          "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I got a call from a customer who was complaining about something, I don't remember what anymore. He made the mistake of saying "YOU messed up my order at Easter!" which is where I interrupted him and said that I've only been working here five weeks, and it's impossible that *I* messed up his order.

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
              I get this when I enforce the two beer rule. Also get it for drink prices.

sc - YOUR rule(price) is ridiculous!

me- -I know, isn't it? (nodding in agreement)

sc - (shocked into silence)

me - if I made the rules, do you think I'd be stuck behind this counter? Now, would you still like that beer, or not?

I love how they come looking for an argument and are rendered speechless by my cheerful agreement.
              I love doing that, and watching them search for something to complain about. Proves to me they don't actually have a problem, they're just so miserable they have to find something to be unhappy about to justify it to themselves.

'This is really expensive!'
              'Yep, it is isn't it. It's good though'
              'I don't want to buy it at that price!'
              'Oh, Ok'.
              Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

That much? I thought Kinko's was the cheapest.

Nope. We aren't particularly cheap.

Why are you more than Staples?

Because we are better than Staples.

How so?

Well, you can pay our prices, and leave happy. Or, you can pay Staple's prices, be unhappy, come here to get it redone and pay again, only more. THEN you leave happy. The first way is cheaper.

Really? That happens?

Sir, that happens several times A DAY.

(Apologies to any Staples employees out there, but in my town, this really did hold true. )

Comment

Yeah. Apparently, I make laptops, pens, and office furniture. This was back when I was working at OfficeMax. Yeah, if I did make them, I would not be working at that hell hole.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                  X