This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Question (is it worth saving)

I have a laptop I bought in May 2008 with Windows Vista. Does anyone here think it's worth saving in some way? Just wanted your friendly opinions. Thanks!

Does it work? Does it have any issues? Do you want to save it?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

My laptop is close to that old and still chugging on. Think I may use my tax refund to replace it next year though.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

what do you want a computer to do? almost any machine can type and surf but this won't do much more than that.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Also, just knowing its age doesn't say much. From that particular date, there was a huge gulf between a basic netbook and a high-end desktop replacement.

Comment

Also, MS is ending Vista support April 11, 2017, so it'll be take-my-lunch-city more and more going online after that.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That's just a good reason to install Linux instead. There are few compelling reasons to keep an old machine (which can't run recent games) on Windows.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                That's just a good reason to install Linux instead. There are few compelling reasons to keep an old machine (which can't run recent games) on Windows.
                Indeed, Linux can make nearly any computer useful, just look at what I'm using, an eMachines D525 (I'll let y'all look up the specs on that) that I had kicking around since my Mac died.
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
                X